cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap numbers between phones on my account.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Swap numbers between phones on my account.

I need to do the same thing! I have 2 iPhones on my account and I need to change the phone numbers on them. 

Example: My iPhone 7 phone number needs to be on my iPhone XR

Can someone assist me with this, please? Both phones bought through Sprint and on the same account. 

Thank you!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey there. We can get this taken care of with a device flip-flop but we'll have to get some information from you to work this behind the scenes as there is no self-service option available. Keep an eye on your inbox for a PM from me.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Just bought an iphone xr and would like the number for my iphone 8 swapped to the xr. Thanks

Howdy Dudedont! Congrats on the new phone! I'll be more than happy to assist with the swap. Bellow are the steps to complete this action online: 

1. Sign in to sprint.com with a valid username and password.
  2. Click on Activate, then click on either Your own device or Your new device.
  3. Select the PTN/Device that you would like to swap out. If you do not see your device in the list, click Show All Devices to display more. 
  4. If you're swapping from an iPhone that needs to be returned to Sprint, you need to do a few things. You must turn off Find my iPhone before you can activate your new device.
    1. If you close the previous screen, and then click device again, but still haven’t turned off Find My iPhone, you will see this second alert
    2. You will not be able to proceed through the flow with that device until you turn off Find My iPhone
  5. You can either manually enter in a device IMEI or see past devices on your account to choose device to activate.
    1. If Customer does NOT have a device pending upgrade, we will bring you to this screen (If you have a device pending upgrade, we will skip this step and take you to the review step)
  6. Upon entering your IMEI, if it is a valid device, you will see it appear below IMEI field.
    1. You can choose to Select Device to proceed
    2. If you would like to change your SIM Card # (ICCID), click the Change link.
  7. From this screen, you can review your device that you are changing from, as well as your new device that you will be activating.
    1. You can also edit either device by clicking Change this Device.
    2. To begin activation, click Begin Activation button.
  8. A confirmation screen will show that their device is activated.
    1. Check the new device. Follow the instructions displayed to make sure the new device is working. If not, use links provided to complete programming.
    2. Follow steps presented to transfer contacts and content from the old device to your new one.

Or if you would prefer I can complete the swap on my end. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Hey thanks for offering to help I meant to post last night. I got someone to help me get my problem fixed so no longer need help.

That's great to here. Thanks for posting. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Hello, I am in a similar situation. How can I get a hold of an agent to help me?

Thanks!

Hi Eschol! Can you send us a PM with the following info?

Phone Number on account we'll be doing the swap on

Account PIN or Security question answer

New phone IMEI and SIM ICCID

Hi,

I would like to swap numbers between two devices on my account. Are you able to help?

Thank you,

CR

That is a possible thing, but do the any of the 2 lines have a promotion tied to them?

Journeyman

I don't think so. They aren't brand new. How would I check?

It will be on your bill under each line. We can also take a look into it. Just send me a PM if you would like. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat