cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act

Go to solution
Journeyman

Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act

Has Sprint said when they are going to start implementing the new Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act rules?

These new rule requires sprint to implement  the SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) and STIR (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited) protocols.  

These new rules and technologies are designed to block robo-calls and to stop spoofed calls.    That would make a lot of complaints on this board go away, and if nothing else, it would gain Sprint some capacity on their network by not having to handle millions of robo-calls.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence (TRACED) Act

I know that lots of people are interested in this question. Right now, we don't have news about it, @Bookem When that happens, typically we'll post it in the newsroom but we'll also make an announcement here on the boards. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman BWW
Journeyman

@seawow 

Sprint needs to act and act now. The calls are driving me nuts and being hit with spoofing of Comcast's number and front in auto phone messaging was used to make this criminal appear officially form XFinity / Comcast Tech Support. I am out 4 down days re-creating my entire system, software installs and recovery of file from backups. The cost on $$ is about $400 in tech support services to get HP Smart Friends and Microsoft to get me back up and running. 

The number of these calls and the difference numbers they use for other trick about back braces and the like costs Sprint's customer real time and real money to resolve. A Robust call blocking and robo detection services is overdo. I have been able to add some services to my landline. If Comcast can work out the technology interface for my voip landline, I do think that Sprint just needs the will to fix this for us.

BWW

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I completely get the calls. I am also a customer, and deal with the same thing. I also have friends who have other carrier who deal with it. We are working to get this fixed. It is taking some time, but we are working to find a way. Stay tuned. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat