cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail issues (no notification; some calls get a busy signal instead of voice mail)

Journeyman

Voicemail issues (no notification; some calls get a busy signal instead of voice mail)

Samsung Galaxy S8

DH left me a voicemail; I told him he was crazy, that I had no notification of any voicemails.  Went in to check my voicemail, and sure enough, I had 3.  When I click on the yellow Voicemail icon, it clearly says  "You have no messages.", despite there actually being messages.  I checked my notification settings, and they're on for voicemail. 

Settings/Notifications/App icon badges (show with number)/ (is on)

Settings/Notifications/Voicemail/ (is on).

Settings/Notification Reminder/Voicemail/ (is on)

Settings/Notification/Advanced Notification Settings/Voicemail/ (allowed)

Why is there no "badge" to show that I have voicemail(s)?  Just like when there's a text I haven't checked yet, there's a little "1" on the messages icon.  Nothing on the voicemail icon.  

We then both did another test.  He called and left me a voicemail.  No notification received, just a missed call.  And there was a voicemail left. 

Also, tried to call from my home landline.  Received the call on my cell, and when it was supposed to kick over to voicemail, I got a busy signal instead of voicemail.  WTH?!?!?

I am regretting leaving Verizon after 22 years, and it's only been a week  Smiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Voicemail issues (no notification; some calls get a busy signal instead of voice mail)

Good afternoon. This would be a little annoying. Lets work together to see if we can get this all straightened out. Do you use Google Voice? Have you done any troubleshooting steps to try and fix this?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Re: Voicemail issues (no notification; some calls get a busy signal instead of voice mail)

Sorry for the long delay in responding, I had basically given up.  

No solution has been found.  I just check my voicemail every once in a while, still no indicator or icon badge.  I just keep Googling my problem every so often hoping to find a solution.

Never used Google Voice, that I know of.  Got the phone from Sprint and was using whatever was available when I received it.  Maybe I uninstalled something that I assumed was not needed?

I gave the landline another shot, and finally, it kicked over to leave a voicemail, so at least that issue has fixed itself.  Had an Phone icon badge of "1", but nothing on the yellow pre-installed Voicemail app.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Better late than never! There are a few things we can do to try and troubleshoot inside your account, but we'll need to get some details from you in private messaging so that we can access and review for you. I'll shoot you a PM now. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat