Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings

My Samsung GS7 had a software update 2 weeks ago to G930PVPU4BQF3, and since then my voicemail does not work. When someone calls it rings and rings, if I ignore a call it hangs up on the caller, and when I try to access my voicemail by calling my number or holding down 1 I get a busy signal.

I called Sprint today and the customer service rep had me do the following:

Restart my phone

Update my profile

She reset my voicemail service, but none of those things worked. She sent me to the Sprint store near me, and they said they could not fix it. I went to Best Buy where I purchased the phone, and they said they could not fix it. I drove 40 minutes to the nearest service center, only to have them close when I arrived (They were litterally locking the door as I got there Smiley Mad).

I went back on my account, and it doesn't even show voicemail as a service for my phone, and does not give me the option to add it. Anyone have any suggestions on here?

132 REPLIES 132
Highlighted

Are you able to receive texts from that phone number?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted

My problem is a little bit opposite. My voicemail picks up on my Galaxy S9. I cannot get my messages. I know messages are being left because my daughter left some to test it. I didn’t realize it wasn’t working until I got a call that I know would leave a message for an appointment. Any suggestions?

Highlighted

I can take a look at your account. There was an update awhile ago that was deleting voicemail services for some reason.

Highlighted

That would be great

Highlighted

Okay please private message me your phone number and account PIN.

Highlighted

My issue is 100% resolved.

I FINALLY got a higher level Sprint tech support person on the phone who found what was the source of my issue. It didn't have anything to do with setting the right call forwarding codes or whatever. I wasted a LOT of time with 6 or 7 Sprint reps trying out codes that didn't work.

It didn't have anything to do with the Tracfone cell phone I was calling from to the Sprint iPhone either. The Sprint tech support reps were dead wrong about that and told me to call Tracfone tech support. I wasted a LOT of time calling Tracfone! It's very difficult to understand the Tracfone reps in the Philippines and most of them aren't trained very well.

The source of the problem was a SETTING in IOS 12 on the Sprint Apple iPhone 6. It had to do with "Wi-Fi Calling". Just to try it out about a month ago I enabled "Wi-Fi Calling" on the Sprint iPhone 6 in Settings/Phone/Wi-Fi Calling/Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone. Once you flip the switch you have do these other settings below "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone" that have to do with using 911 when you are using Wi-Fi calling.

Just flipping the switch for "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone" does NOT completely disable everything. I originally thought that might fix the Sprint voicemail problems. Apparently all of the 911 things that go with "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone" ALSO needed to be disabled. You have to click to the 911 settings part below "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone" and then go to the very bottom of that where you can disable it.

Once the 911 settings AND "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone" are disabled it 100% fixed the problems I was having with the Tracfone cell phone not being able to be routed to the Sprint voicemail system where the caller hears a message, etc. Apple should make it so that switching off "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone" will make the 911 stuff pop up where you can then COMPLETELY disable it.

Once Wi-Fi Calling was completely disabled I no longer had any voicemail routing problems. This is what was messing up the YouMail app I was trying out too. I wasted a lot of time doing chats with YouMail reps too! I thought the app was messing things up when it was just this aggravating problem with COMPLETELY disabling the 911 part of "Wi-Fi Calling" on IOS 12 for my iPhone 6.

Sprint Tech Support should put this in their "Knowledge Base". I suspect other Sprint customers who try out "Wi-Fi Calling" on their iPhones could end up having this problem where callers are not able to leave a voicemail message on their Sprint iPhones, iPads, etc. I bet a lot of other people will also assume that just switching off "Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone" would disable everything including the 911 stuff.

This was a very frustrating problem. I'm glad I was persistent and I got everything fixed by calling more high level Sprint reps until I got the solution. My YouMail app now works perfectly as my voicemail system. At least one of the Sprint reps gave me a credit on my bill for all of this time consuming aggravation. I should probably get another $10+ credit to my bill. I wasted a lot of time on this. 

Highlighted

I just got a galaxy Note 9 about a month ago and I have not recieved any voicemails since then same thing with my mom we came from galaxy s8s with no problems

Highlighted

Okay please private message me your phone number and account PIN

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same issue

Highlighted

Hi there. Have you done any troubleshooting?

Highlighted

Just tried using the sprint app. When I try to access vmail I just get a busy signal. Phone will just keep ringing if someone calls. Wanted to check online for solutions 1st
Highlighted

I can reset your voicemail from my end. I'll just need you to send me a private message so I can gather some account info.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat