cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings

Go to solution
Journeyman

Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings

My Samsung GS7 had a software update 2 weeks ago to G930PVPU4BQF3, and since then my voicemail does not work. When someone calls it rings and rings, if I ignore a call it hangs up on the caller, and when I try to access my voicemail by calling my number or holding down 1 I get a busy signal.

I called Sprint today and the customer service rep had me do the following:

Restart my phone

Update my profile

She reset my voicemail service, but none of those things worked. She sent me to the Sprint store near me, and they said they could not fix it. I went to Best Buy where I purchased the phone, and they said they could not fix it. I drove 40 minutes to the nearest service center, only to have them close when I arrived (They were litterally locking the door as I got there Smiley Mad).

I went back on my account, and it doesn't even show voicemail as a service for my phone, and does not give me the option to add it. Anyone have any suggestions on here?

106 REPLIES 106
Sprint Social Care

Re: Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings

Thank you for contacting us. We would like to take a look into your account to verify that you have the voicemail services. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having a very similar issue with my S7. When dialing in from another phone, the call rings 7 or 8 times, then stops ringing for a minute or two, then disconnects. Voicemail does not pickup and there is not even a message that "this customer has not setup their voicemail" like I've heard on other phones.

I can access some voicemail settings by dialing 1 though. I'd be glad to start a new thread, but thought this might be a good place to start.

For background, I've already followed the troubleshooting steps on Sprint's support pages (reset, update profile, etc...) and called Sprint Care a couple of times. I somehow landed at network tech support during one of the transfers. They had no clue why or how I was even talking with them. 

Any help offered is appreciated.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning grizwaldstrip! Let's take a look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Having the same problem with my wife's Sprint S7. Cannot access voicemail settings. Sprint store could not help. She has no voicemail when people call her. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello Maxpower44, this is concerning! Did your wife try to set up the voicemail?

1. Access voicemail by dialing your 10-digit phone number on your device, or press and hold the 1 key.
  2. Note: Initial passcode is the 7-digit phone number.
  3. Enter new 4 to 10-digit passcode.
  4. Record name.
  5. Record personal greeting or select standard greeting.
  6. Select option to turn One Touch on or off.

If she already tried setting up the voicemail, please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

When my wife dials voicemail from her phone, a voice prompts that the number is busy at this time. Please try again later. It has done this for months now. We cannot access the voicemail.  I've already spent hours on the phone with tech support, to no avail. My wife is gone into the Sprint store and they've reset her phone, and it still didn't work. We are almost at the point now of canceling her account and choosing a different provider, because we are paying for a cell phone and have no voicemail!
@Sprint_Ciara wrote:

Hello Maxpower44, this is concerning! Did your wife try to set up the voicemail?

1. Access voicemail by dialing your 10-digit phone number on your device, or press and hold the 1 key.
  2. Note: Initial passcode is the 7-digit phone number.
  3. Enter new 4 to 10-digit passcode.
  4. Record name.
  5. Record personal greeting or select standard greeting.
  6. Select option to turn One Touch on or off.

If she already tried setting up the voicemail, please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Wizard

Maxpower44.

We totally understand how frustrating this can be, and would like to take closer look at your case. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a Private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My problem sounds exactly the same as MaxPower's. No voicemails getting through, callers just get rings, never goes to voicemail. I get a busy signal if I call my voicemail, and don't get any options to set up or change. I cannot trace where the problem began, but it has been at least 6 months that I have not had voice mails. It is certainly part of my service package, but is not working. I would like get voicemail back. 

Journeyman

Solved: Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings

I had the 6-month trial of voice to text voicemail, and when that ended (I didn't renew, it never figured out my name was Chip, every transcription said "Jim") it shut off all my voicemail. Had to call and have them reset it on my service, then update services on the iphone, and once restarted, all was good. Only took 20-30 min on phone with customer service, which was actually very helpful.

Journeyman

I am having this same issue with voicemail. Whenever I call my VM or someone tries to call me and leave a message I get a audible message that says "sorry the number you called is busy, please try again later." This has been happening for months and customer service has not been able to help nor anyone at three different Sprint stores I have visited in the last month. Please, please help me!

Thanks,

Rob Hoskins

Sprint Social Care

Hey @Aprilandrob, I've sent you a private message, please feel free to review your inbox at your earliest convenience.

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat