cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings

Same problem here, call Vm, 'the number you have dialed is busy...".  No google voice.  Tried the *7x0 and no dice.  Do you have another universal problem solver?

Yosemite! Sam

@Yosemite_Sam, have you ever set up your voicemail on your device? Or it may need to be set up again. I'll send you a private message to get more information from you.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

I cannot access my voicemail nor can anyone leave me a voicemail, getting the line is busy recording, ever since Google Voice integration ended. Can someone please help?  Thanks. 

Wizard

Hey. Sounds like your enhanced voicemail feature needs to be added back to your line, your voicemail needs to be reset, and refreshed. Let me get this taken care of for you. I'm sending you a PM now.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I have been having the same issue with my Galaxy S8 plus. I dial 1 and it says "Sorry, the number you called was busy, please try again later. I have not been able to access voice mail or change settings.

Journeyman

I'm having a similar problem with galaxy s9. When I call voicemail ot rings busy and no once can leave me a message, just rings and rings. I haven't been able to set up voicemail on this phone since I upgraded a couple weeks ago

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues described here - since Google Voice integration was disabled, no voicemail, incoming callers just get ringing, if I decline an incoming call, it just keeps ringing for the caller and it will ring again on the phone, holding 1 or dialing my number gets me a busy signal, if my phone is off, you get 'The person you have called is not available. Please try again later'. After almost an hour on the phone with Sprint support, they told me that the Voicemail is active on the network, but it needs to be set up on the phone. They mentioned the 'Visual Voice' app, but I don't have the sprint apps on my phone - I've removed most of the bloat that came with it. I did make a backup of my phone and installed the original, stock ROM complete with the Sprint apps, but it seems the old 'Sprint Zone' and other related apps are gone, as there was no 'Visual Voicemail' app. There was just the 'My Sprint' app, and I couldn't find anything related to Voicemail.

Any suggestions on how to set up the VM on my phone?

Wizard

Hey @Cougar461. You should be able to call your own number and set up your voicemail that way.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Nope - get busy signal whether I hold '1' or call my number.

Wizard

Good morning. I believe I know what the issue is. Since you previously had Google Voice, the enhanced voicemail feature was probably removed and needs to be added back. Also, your VMS needs to be reset and refreshed. I'm going to send you a PM now, to get some account info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

QueenK got my issue resolved.

Wizard

It was a pleasure working with you. You're back in action. Smiley Happy

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat