Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working after Google Voice disabled

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Voicemail not working after Google Voice disabled

Greetings,

I used Sprint with Google Voice until it stopped being available last month. Since I deactivated it, I don't get any voicemails at all. Sometimes people calling me get an error message, and sometimes they can leave a message but I don't receive it.

In other posts in these forums, I have seen Sprint admin folks say that they can send a private e-mail in order to fix this on the back end. If there's an admin out there that can do that, that would be very helpful. If not, does anyone have a publicly available fix for this?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Voicemail not working after Google Voice disabled

For anyone wondering, we got this fixed. After Google voice is disabled we have to access the account and reset the voicemail. Once we get it reset then everything is back to normal. We got this done for @DANAM555.

If anyone else needs this done, send us a private message and we can get it done for you too!

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Wizard

I can definitely help you with this. Let's go on over to private message and I will help you from there!

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Highlighted
Wizard

For anyone wondering, we got this fixed. After Google voice is disabled we have to access the account and reset the voicemail. Once we get it reset then everything is back to normal. We got this done for @DANAM555.

If anyone else needs this done, send us a private message and we can get it done for you too!

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

My husband and I have the same problem.  How do I send you a private message so we can get this fixed?  Thanks.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

click on the agents name or picture. once in their profile top right ish should be an option to send them a "private message". make sure to include a subject title..make it something about Google voice /voicemail

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

@jmmwhite2 wrote:

My husband and I have the same problem.  How do I send you a private message so we can get this fixed?  Thanks.

Turn your phone off and back on and you should be good to go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's fixed for me, but not my husband.  Sprint support emailed me (after I figured out the private message thing) and I gave them my info and my husband's info.  Do you still need to fix it for him?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yes the phone number in the PM should be fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you and the person I had private messaged with the same?  My husband's voicemail still isn't working.  I sent another private message with his phone number.  So - my voicemail is working, but his is still not working.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Have Steve turn his phone off and back on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Both of our phones are working now.  Thanks you.

Highlighted
Community Manager

No problem.  It's what we do.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat