cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Voicemail not working

I used Sprint with Google Voice until it became unavailable.  Since it was deactivated it, I don't get any voicemails at all.  There is no option to leave a message when the number is dialed, it just rings until it hangs up.  If I call into the voicemail I get a recorded voice that says "The number you have called is busy."

Someone previously looked into it, but was unable to resolve it. I was told that I would need to speak with an actual Sprint tech.  I didn't have the time then and decided not to bother with it at. However, I now have a need to get it fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Voicemail not working

Alrighty, I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem has been resolved, thank you very much.

After we did the communications reset, I guess it needed time to settle down.

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted

Hi Glen! I feel your pain with the Google Voice deactivation.  I used it myself, and it was awesome.

I'm reviewing the notes from your previous interaction and what steps we've taken so far.  Do you have the Sprint Voicemail app installed on that Galaxy S8?  Also, on your Google Voice account, did you unlink your Google Voice number from your Sprint account?

Yes, the Sprint voicemail app is installed on this phone.  And when I look up the number there are no references to this phone in the Google voice account.

Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy GBrv. We did have a few case, way back when google voice was first removed, where the normal VM was actually diactivated. 

For clarity:

- Are you able to access your VM? 

- Are callers able to leave messages? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

No to both.

When I try and access the voicemail I get a recorded message that says "Sorry, the number you called was busy. Please try again later", repeats in Spainish, and then says "Message 14, switch 2320" and goes to a busy signal.  If I try to change the VM greeting thru the app, i get the error message detailed above.

When you call into the number, if I don't answer, it just rings and hangs up after awhile. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Alrighty, I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem has been resolved, thank you very much.

After we did the communications reset, I guess it needed time to settle down.

Highlighted

You're welcome! Happy to hear that you're back up and running. 😁

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you tell me what exactly you did to reset that part. We are having the same issue with one of our phone and I am going on 3 weeks with a rep and can’t figure it out. 

Highlighted

Hey Jessisboys! I can look into this.  We might have to refresh the Voicemail service on the network side of things.  Are you just having issues receiving voicemails in the visual voicemail app, or when dialing into your voicemail box?

When dialing in as well. I have tried everything including resetting the networks on the phone alone and nothing has worked. 

Highlighted

I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat