Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Voicemail not working

I used Sprint with Google Voice until it became unavailable.  Since it was deactivated it, I don't get any voicemails at all.  There is no option to leave a message when the number is dialed, it just rings until it hangs up.  If I call into the voicemail I get a recorded voice that says "The number you have called is busy."

Someone previously looked into it, but was unable to resolve it. I was told that I would need to speak with an actual Sprint tech.  I didn't have the time then and decided not to bother with it at. However, I now have a need to get it fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

68 REPLIES 68
Highlighted

Yes, I'm still having an issue. When I try to access voicemail it says, "Sorry the number you called was busy, please try again later."

I did a restart and power off. 

Highlighted

DM us we would like to troubleshoot. 

Highlighted

Need to get my voicemail reset not receiving any

Highlighted

Experiencing this issue can be frustrating. Is it that you're experiencing a delay in receiving, or are you just not receiving your voicemails? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also getting the message, "Sorry, the number you called is busy. Please try again later." I just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S20. I was using You mail but I removed it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I get notifications tha

Highlighted

Hey, so is it that you're also unable to access your voicemail? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue on a OnePlus 8 5G. This only happened after contacting Customer Support because certain numbers that called me would not ring my phone but instead be sent straight to Voicemail. The Customer Service (Technical Service) rep tried some things on his end, and ended up removing my ability to access voicemail. Now when I cannot answer the phone, people hear "The Number you called is busy. Please try again later" with no ability to leave a message. This also now affects my wife's phone and probably my daughter's phone.

Highlighted

Hi! I'm guessing that you've completed a couple troubleshooting steps through our Tech Team, so I'd like to review some notes on what they've done. We'll be able to work from there and find a solution. Sending you a private message now. 

Highlighted

Did you check to see if Call Forwarding was enabled within the Phone App settings menu? Is that all calls or just ones in poor signal areas? Have you tried calling your number from those devices recently? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat