cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Sprint finally get back the ability to talk and surf?

Journeyman SC1
Journeyman

When will Sprint finally get back the ability to talk and surf?

I have been with Sprint since 2000 and I am getting really tired of all these increasing prices and still less features than what phone were capable of in 2005. I am tired of hearing what you are going to do. It been 8-9 years now why is it that we pay full prices for phones now and you still can't seem to re-gain this feature? 

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: When will Sprint finally get back the ability to talk and surf?

Hi SC1! We'll be rolling out Voice over LTE this year. 

When this year? This has been an on-going conversation for years and the same response given. We pay too much on phones. Money that your company pockets and still get the phone back to be provided less features than when phone didn't have all these capabilities. If other companies can do it, especially a company who is not considered better than you can do it then why can't sprint? Companies like T-Mobile, Cricket, Metro PCS and more. I am not satisfied with responses like this year I need to see action or I might as well take my business else where. They always ask would I recommend people to Sprint, a years ago my response was yes but the last 7-8 years I wouldn't. Give people a reason to actually deal with all this!

Howdy SC1. This feature was launched into test market at the end of 2018. The testing has gone well, so a nationwide launch is expected by mid-2019. New cities and stated are being added like wild fire. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman SC1
Journeyman

I hope this is true. I will say thank you for responding this quickly and I hope what you are saying is true, as my time with sprint dwindles!

That is the most up to date info I have on VoLTE, and I have seen an increase in users over the past month. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman SC1
Journeyman

Just curious, who are these users? Is there a pilot program?

The test market covered a large number of cities. Unfortunately I don't have that list. But have spoken with several customers that have it. 

Here's a link to an article: https://community.sprint.com/t5/Network-and-Coverage/VoLTE-Down/m-p/1033795?advanced=false&collapse_...

This has a few of the users that have VoLTE. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat