cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The serial number entered does not have a Sprint buyback associated with it." Clean Slate Problem

Journeyman

"The serial number entered does not have a Sprint buyback associated with it." Clean Slate Problem

Hello!

I recently switched from Verizon to Sprint. At the end of July, I sent in my old phone via Sprint buyback. It was processed 6 days ago, and my account was credited today.

However, when I try to fill out the sprint Clean Slate application, I receive an error on Step 2 that says "The serial number entered does not have a Sprint buyback associated with it."

The first time I called customer support (4 days ago), the person I spoke with informed me that I wasn't even supposed to send my phone in to Sprint, but instead to Verizon. If that was the case, why was I credited for the phone today by Sprint? When I called customer support again, they just sent me an email explaining how the contract buyout works!

This whole process has been very frustrating, as it took a whole month for the shipping materials to get to me because the USPS kept losing it/returning it to sender because the buyback team didn't include my apartment number on the mailing label. Not being able to pay the early termination fee from verizon has been very stressful, and I would really appreciate speaking to someone ON the clean slate team, because I'm not sure that either of the people I spoke to on the phone were understanding my concerns. 

In summary: despite being credited for the phone I sent in to the buyback team, the serial number still doesn't seem to be linked to my sprint buyback that I set up. I receive an error on step 2 of the clean state process, saying "The serial number entered does not have a Sprint buyback associated with it."

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: "The serial number entered does not have a Sprint buyback associated with it." Clean Slate Pr...

It sounds like you've had a rough time, but I'm here to help. I'm going to private message you so I can get some additional info.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat