cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Hostage Situation

Journeyman

Another Hostage Situation

I did search the archives and found that evidently it's common to be a Sprint Hostage.  I tended to take those stories with a grain of salt until I became one myself.  Sprint and I fell out after I was told that I had to pay for three devices that I never received.  Dishonesty is the one trigger that is intolerable to me so I paid off every single device that I had, turned in all of my equipment, and Sprint continues to hold me hostage even though I have no Sprint equipment and moved on to another carrier that same day.  As for the details, I called to cancel May 28, 2019 and was assured that my account was cancelled effective the end of the billing cycle.  I checked several times up until June 21, 2019 and was assured that my account would cancel out June 21, 2019.  After being assured three times that my account would cancel, I thought nothing more about it until I get a bill and find out that four of the devices are still active!  Whenever I call in and ask why my account wasn't canceled, all I hear is it will cancel effective the end of this billing cycle.  I've heard that lie before because that's how I got here in the first place.  I check back and find out that the devices are still active.  Another call and I get told that only certain departments can cancel accounts.  It's like being duct taped and thrown into the trunk of a dirty old car whenever I try to get away from Sprint!  

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Another Hostage Situation

The information you've received about canceling the account is correct, only Account Services can cancel the account. I would like to review the account and submit a case for any phone that was returned but not checked in properly. Please send me a private message with your Sprint phone number and PIN or security answer.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat