cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE - SCAM - Sprint Not Honoring Promotions on New Phone Lease

Highlighted
Journeyman

BEWARE - SCAM - Sprint Not Honoring Promotions on New Phone Lease

Sprint emailed me a targeted promotion that said if I upgraded to Experience T-Mobile 5G! I would be getting a phone for free with a credit each month on my bill through the lease term. The total monthly credits was supposed to be $73.34 with $50.00 against my phone lease and the remaining $23.34 to be applied to other services on the account. This was 4/23/2020 when the order was placed. I have a screen shot of the order confirmation showing the agreement that was reached with Sprint and they are still refusing to honor the promotion. I am now 5 months in and I have not seen those credits. I pay my bill in good faith each month expecting to see these credits and each month I am disappointed again. I have never talked to such incompetent people before. After calling each month for the past several months after receiving my bill without the credits and being assured at the end of those calls that the credits would be there next month, I am now being told that the best they can do is give me 41.67 in credits. **bleep**!!! The best is that during one of the many phone calls with Sprint (all of which I am told are recorded) they told me that the reason I was not seeing my credits is because my plan was an old grandfathered plan and that I needed to switch to a different plan. Once I did this, then all my credits would appear on the next bill. FALSE!!! I am being told today that because I switched, I can no longer have the additional 31.67 credit. This is a scam and I will be dropping Sprint AS SOON AS I CAN! 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey, we're sorry you're having these issues. So the last thing you were told is that you cannot be credited because of your plan? 

Highlighted

That is correct. In an earlier phone call, one of the solutions for why the credit was not coming through was because I was on an old grandfathered plan, I was asked to switch to the new equivalent plan. I agreed as I was under the impression this would resolve the issue and my credit would show on my next month bill. Today's phone call resulted in the "supervisor" telling me that because I switched plans, I can no longer have all the credit. BUT he could get my bill down by making other changes. Sorry, NO! I do not trust Sprint. It is all a way to get out of the complete credit that I am owed.

Highlighted

Let me look into this for you. I'll send you a PM. 

S.R
Highlighted

Did this ever get resolved?  I am having the same problem with the same promotion.  Back in April I ordered 2 Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G phones under a "Upgrade To Experience T-Mobile 5G!" promotion.  Each phone was to cost $50/mo and Complete Care for each was to cost $19.00/mo.  The $30 Upgrade Fee was waived for each line.  I was to receive credits of $41.67 and $31.67 on each line to make the total cost nothing.  The confirmation emails (that I have saved and provided to customer care multiple times now) actual states the leftover $4.34 credit per line would be applied to "other services on the account."  I have only been receiving the $41.67 credits.  I have talked to Customer Care at least 3 time via chat and 2 times now via Twitter (I have kept copies of the transcripts).  Up until today, I have been assured that the error would be corrected and that the credits would start showing up shortly.  Today, the Rep says that I am not eligible for the $31.67 credits and that the email confirmations were a "mistake" and they offered to grant me an additional monthly credit of $8.33/line to total the $50 phone costs.  I said NO that is not acceptable and that I need to speak with a manager.  Someone who can fix this needs to reach out to me.

Highlighted

No, this was never resolved. Per the rep that reviewed the issue here "Concerning the promos. Yes you qualified for both but they are not combinable. Meaning that you could only take advantage of one." That did get me several months of the $41.67 credit applied to my account but could not honor the entire promotion. The sad part is I even called Sprint prior to placing the order, confirmed the credit amounts were legit and would be applied to my account and then and only then did I place my order, Sprint is choosing to only honor a portion of this promotional credit. Looks like you and I got sucked into the same con. To say I am disappointed in Sprint is a huge understatement and I really do not know if this is Sprint issue/"mistake" or T-Mobile trying to worm their way out of honoring Sprint's promotion. Once this promotion ends, I will be dumping Sprint/T-Mobile and moving to a different company. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat