cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Issue - I've been billed for a return phone

Journeyman

Billing Issue - I've been billed for a return phone

Good Morning,

I will begin this post by saying I had been a customer of sprint since 1999... (I am hopeful that someone above the routine customer service representative reads this post),  which is not a small feat when you keep in mind that as consumers we all have multiple avenues of which to obtain phone service. But, I remained loyal to sprint. In March, due to my bills that were continuing to increase, I made the switch to my cable company. This is how the issues have played out since March, 2019.

1. Upon connection of my new phone service i was informed by the representative (as they had to speak with sprint on my behalf in order to switch the phone service) that I would not loose service during the transition. I explained to them that I have an elderly mother,  whom is on my account, and does not live within my current state of residence and cannot be without phone service. I informed them that I could delay connecting phone service if the disconnect was immediate as I had to mail my mother her new phone after connecting and setup. I was ensured that I would have at least 3 days so I continued with the process of transfer. Well... what a surprise, sprint shut me down, instantly, while speaking with the cable representative as he was trying to help me set up my phone. What a team player sprint is. If I had not had my work cell I would have been in a terrible position, as it was 10pm at night. Needless to say, my mom's phone in Louisiana was also shut down and she was without a phone for 3 days until she received the phone I had to overnight for the whopping cost of $100.00

2. I paid sprint the bill that was owed... or at least I thought the was to be the final bill. But again, i was living in a fantasy world. I requested and received a return kit as I needed to return the iphone 7 to them. I followed the instructions and returned via local UPS store. I have the return receipt. I verifed that it was received on their end, and it was. The events that followed this are blood curdling...

3. I received another final bill from sprint informing me that I owed them an additional $100... ok. no problem... but I owed them another $180 for the unreturned phone. Whoooooa.... hold the phones here, I returned this phone. I have the receipt and proof that you received it. I spoke with a supervisor named "Michael' who ensured me that they would remove the charge. It has not been removed. I spoke with another customer rep who informed me 'do not worry, I am removing today'... that was also a lie. I informed them that I would be happy to pay what I owe ($100) once the $180 charge is removed. Since then I have spoken with numerous customer service reps, held hours to speak to supervisors who were not helpful in the least and to top it off, I have received a collection notice from sprint. It is now May 28th and none of this has been resolved. Today I was informed that my case is still with fraud and was given the number to call them directly. Well, I am no longer a sprint customer, therefore, their system does not recognize me and I am unable to speak with a live person. 

4. I have filed a claim in 'small claims court' today for damages and the amount of the bill. I have literally been tortured by sprint regarding a returned phone. If you lost it on your end... well too bad... but I took care of my end of the bargain. 

I am hopeful that someone from upper management views this post and works diligently to make things better for customers who have shown such loyalty to sprint from 1999 to 2019. As consumers, we have a right to choose and to be treated fairly. Our dollars are powerful as is our voice. I openly discourage anyone from using sprint, my fiance' who was also with sprint for 15 years has also switched.... wake up sprint. There are too many choices out there these days. 

Respectfully,

Tracey Scott

10 REPLIES 10
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Billing Issue - I've been billed for a return phone

That is super concerning, and we do want to take a look into this. Sounds like the warehouse and system forgot to speak. We can look into the account, and get the cases created to have this fixed. If you can send me a screenshot of the receipt, and the reference number on the receipt or tracking number that would help. 

Journeyman

Currently at work, so I cannot send screen shot of receipt right now but will from home. .... UPS tracking number 1Z9R08859033034690. Drop off date was April 1 @ 3:14pm. It was delivered to Libertyville, IL with receipt on April 2nd at 9:59am.

I do not have a problem paying sprint what I owe them as a past customer... but not until my bill reflects the phone return amount deducted from my account. Now I am in collections with possible report to credit bureau. This process as well needs to be stopped. 

Of course. Go ahead and send that stuff through a PM. That way we can get into the account and look to see what is going on. 

Journeyman

@greeceistheword I need you send these in a private message to me. Don't want anyone in public to get your info. 

Journeyman

This is a test. Am I speaking privately? 

Mare you able to delete the prior post?

Highlighted

No this is still publicly. You will click on my name, and then click send message. 

Journeyman

How do I send in a private chat?

I have started a case, and it can take up to 7 business days to hear back. I submitted it for the iPhone 7. Case ID 241984493. 

Journeyman

We shall see... cases have been opened before .

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat