Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for returned leased phone

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Charged for returned leased phone

I spoke with chat on Friday 12/8 about my outrageous bill of 1200 dollars because sprint has not credited me for my 5 returned phones. They said it would be taken care of in about 4 hours well that was 4 days ago and they have not taken care or it. I returned these phones to a sprint store on 10/11/17  have the tracking number and receipt, this is completely uncalled for. I want the this credited to my account I will not be paying for these. Sprint needs to fix this, this is the second time I've been overcharged in as many months.

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted

I took a screen shot and posted it publicly for all to see.

Highlighted

Matt5 - you can send me or any of the other SMART team members a PM and we'd be glad to get some additional info so we can check in on things for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

I upgrade my phone 5 months ago through Apple. My old phone was returned and had two Sprint agents tell me it was received.  Since then I’ve been charged over $100 in lease payments and now being charged $200 for the phone.   Magically the phone calls and notes from the verified returned phone have been lost.   Sprint has my phone but still charged me.   Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.  My foot is out the door with Sprint.  I will not take responsibility for Sprint’s mess up!   

Highlighted

Hi Jamcam944. I'd be glad to take a look into this for you and see what's been going on. I'll send you a PM so I can get some additional details so we can check in on what's been happening. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted

I won't ever go back to sprint after what has happened with my situation. I am paying $600 more than I should have to. If you change service I recommend buying the phone and selling it on eBay. Would have saved me a lot of money.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint are ripping people off when they send their phones back and charging people to buy out the phone this is ridiculous I mailed it to libertyville, Il and it was delivered and left at dock next thing u know I see a charge of $230 with a due date to pay it after I just paid my bill for $290 I talked to representatives and their supervisor which they opened a case and said the will get back to me in 3-5 days I can’t afford to be paying for sprints mistakes I honestly did what I was supposed to do which was send the phone back in 100 percent complete working condition no scratches or cracks at all!!
Tracking number 1z9R08859069412900
I see I’m not the only person with this issue and I will not be paying $230 for a phone that was not damaged at al it was in a otter box since the day I received it
Highlighted

Howdy 5050mellow. I'll be more than happy to take a look into why you received this charge. I sent you a PM so I can gather some needed info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

It’s dumbfounding how Sprint treats current customers. I have spoken with many agents and supervisors with no luck. I have since gone with ATT.  Only $15 more a month but way worth it. I actually have service outside of WiFi. It’s amazing.  I have paid Sprint my service/lease fees but refuse to pay the $200 phone charge.   

good luck and get away from Sprint as fast as you can!!

Highlighted

It's the worst I've ever experienced.... We've bought over six devices over the last 3 years. Account always paid.... zero balance, on auto-pay.  They have billed us an exorbitant amount over the last two years..... continueing to bill for every device after monthly payoff installments ended  (the 6 ypayments to own after lease payments are complketed). After combing through 37 months of statements, we discovered Sprint had overbilled us almost $1000.. And the 3 devices  that have been paid in full, Sprint refusses to unlock them. I refuse to give them another nickekl until they reimburse us for the obscene overbilling. (example:  For the iPhone 7 plus we purchased January 2017 (launch price $799), they were still billing us for the device as of last month (Sept. 2019).....charging us over $1300, just for the phone (not service). and NOW they are REFUSING to unlock the iphone 7 plus, and two other devices, until we pay our  current bill. NO WAY! It's about the princpal now.  They have no shame. We have hired an attorney.   

Go with Verizon, AT&T, MetroPCS, Cricket......... ANYONE but Sprint! 37 months.......... 3 devices...........service, device charges, taxes & BS fees, we've spent over $10,000.  They are claim they are the least expensive.........its the biggest scam EVER!

Highlighted

I understand your frustration with the billing of the phones and the requirements for unlock. However, per the lease agreement, we must hear from you at the end of the 18 months to let us know how you want to proceed with the phone. This includes whether you want to own it, continue to rent it, or send it back. If we don't hear from the customer to complete the lease, it will automatically go into the month to month rental payments that you were/are seeing on your bill. The 6 month pay off is a new option that is only valid on some 2018 leases and newer. It still requires communication from the customer to stop the lease and accept the payoff payments. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

Seems like a ongoing occurrence Sprint has. If stuff like this keep happening Sprint won’t have any more customers. It’s a shame Sprint treats current customers so horribly.
Highlighted

The response below (from Sprint representative) is the PRECISE reason I NEVER walked out of a single Sprint Store without clarifying their "gotcha" open-ended contract!!!!

• "However,  per the lease agreement, we must hear from you at the end of the 18 months to let us know how you want to proceed with the phone. This includes whether you want to own it, continue to rent it, or send it back."

Every single contract signed on our account clarifies specifically, after the 18 months, to immediately rollover to the purchase "payoff" amount, paid in 6 month installments.I refuse to sign an open-ended contract, that states....

• " If we don't hear from the customer to complete the lease, it will automatically go into the month to month rental payments that you were/are seeing on your bill. The 6 month pay off is a new option that is only valid on some 2018 leases and newer. It still requires communication from the customer to stop the lease and accept the payoff payments."

So is this your level of customer service??? You charge your customers outrageous hidden fees and charges.....which discredits your "least expensive" tag line. Then you make the customer do all the leg work. It's equivilant to going out to dinner at a restaurant; then having to serve yourself and clean your own dishes......ALL WHILE PAYING!!! 

Verizon and AT&T might be $50-75 more a month....... but after our terrible experience (and SNAIL SPEED DATA).... I will gladly increase my monthly wireless statement..

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat