Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoolPad Tracker plan

Go to solution
Journeyman

CoolPad Tracker plan

I upgraded my phone today.  I was given a CoolPad Tracker as a "free gift" according to the sales rep for upgrading.  When I got home I looked at my emailed documents as saw that I was charged $2.50/month for the equipment.  There is also a $10.00/month plan charge.  I do not want this.  Can I bring this device back to the store and have those charges taken off my bill?

I asked him more than once was it free and he said yes.  He also did not mention that there was a plan for it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you're told that the device is free, this means there is a monthly discount that will remove the device charge. All promotional discounts take 1-2 bill cycles to show up on the bill. To get the promotional discount, a monthly service is required.

I understand your frustration with the additional charges. You have 30 days to decide about keeping the product. You may return it at any time during the 30 days and the next bill will be credited with the cancellation.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

When you're told that the device is free, this means there is a monthly discount that will remove the device charge. All promotional discounts take 1-2 bill cycles to show up on the bill. To get the promotional discount, a monthly service is required.

I understand your frustration with the additional charges. You have 30 days to decide about keeping the product. You may return it at any time during the 30 days and the next bill will be credited with the cancellation.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

I had same thing happen to me in the RSM Sprint store.  Was told device was a free gift and there is no service charge.  Months later my wife asked what a new charge was on our bill.  It was $10 for Tracker service and $2.50 for lease on devise.  

I used online chat only to find out this is common with sprint and representative directed me to a customer service line.  I called and explained the entire thing again and even said the box is still unopened and no activity for the service has been used by me.  Rep on this call, continued to say its a valid charge even when I said Sprint said it was entirely free.  Only after I referenced many online forums saying others have had same issue with sprint did rep take me seriously.  I asked to cancel my tracker monthly plan and device fees.  Rep said she was looking at ways to assist but in the end came back and say nothing Sprint will do.  

I then said to cancel my entire service due to poor business practices.  At that time representative started to scare me with remaining costs owed for devices like phones and watch.  I responded that all of these devices can be ported to another provider and I am willing to do that just because Sprint doesn’t address what appears to be a common issue with some of their stores.  At this point I said to representative that I want to speak with her supervisor about the scare tactics and the misleading sales practices did she get nicer to me.  I had to ask for her supervise over 4 times.  Finally she said they are not working due to COVID. I said that cant be true and asked a 5 time.  She finally said she will send them an email and they will call me back within the next three days.  I asked for her name and call ID and she would give that to me either.  After a few minutes asking she finally have me her first name and a call ID.  

I am still waiting for a supervisor that will actually fix the problem with my account, direct me to or assist in cleaning up the Rancho Santa Margarita Sprint stores business practices, and offering a simple apology for this scam.  

Hey. I'm sorry this happened to you and appreciate the feedback, as it will help with fixing these practices. I'd like to take a look at the account. Can you send me a private message? 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat