cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Upgrade Charges

Journeyman

Early Upgrade Charges

I recently upgraded my devices in September to get the new iPhone 11. I have the iPhone forever, so every 12 months i am eligible to upgrade my device. I was only 9 months into my contract, and paid $85 (my remaining lease balance) to be able to early upgrade. On my next bill i am being charged an outrages amount for my device, which I returned. When i upgraded the phone i paid a deposit as well as the $85 remaining lease balance. When i contact customer service, they note that i am being charged for the phone because i ended the contract early, however that makes no sense as i paid the renaming balance to upgrade and successfully returned the device. They directed me to go to a sprint store with my bank statement and confirmation receipt; i did so and they mentioned they could do anything about the issue as only customer service could. Once again, i contacted sprint and they see the charge for the early upgrade, but mentioned i was only billed $50 at the time. In which my bank statements reflect i was billed $144. Sprint then mentioned they could not refund the $85 and and only half. The system is not computing the numbers correctly. My bill is being charged extra for a device i NO LONGER HAVE!!!!! At this point i am not sure what to do! I've returned the device and i am still being charged for it, and I've  been accused for not paying the early upgrade! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Early Upgrade Charges

Betancesjoel - Hello! My name is Juan, I am part of the Sprint social care team.  I understand this may be very frustrating, I will be more than happy to assist you with getting this issue resolved. Send me a private message with your name, account holder's name, phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question on the account.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Early Upgrade Charges

I have the exact same issue. The only difference is I had paid 11 months on my previous lease of iphone xs max. When I upgraded, I was also charged $85 to pay on the 12th lease month. Now on my 2nd bill since my upgrade, i'm being charged a early lease cancellation (how when i upgraded & paid) $106. I did a chat with an agent and nothing was resolved we were going around in circles. If i'm on the iphone forever deal and i upgrade on 12th month, i should be able to upgrade without fees. I've done this every year since i had the Iphone 7 and this is the first year i've had this issue. Not to mention that i was charged $139 on my 1st bill after upgrading for a damaged phone i returned which when it left me it was fine. So i contacted the chat and the best they could do was credit me half the charge smh. It's ridiculous. To charge your customers for staying with the company and upgrading is crazy!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat