cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a complaint with corporate.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Filing a complaint with corporate.

I am literally in tears right now with frustration from Sprints customer service. Last night I was on the phone for 2 hours. I have multiple failed payment arrangements. Sprint is aware of my financial situation and always get me to a manager to help. The last 3 agents have been rude and refused to get me to management. Last night the woman actually laughed on the phone with me. 

I have been with Sprint 20 years. They are telling me they can't give me another arrangement and also telling me I need 1000 dollars to cancel my account. I work with mental ill people and having my phone is a requirement. We get FIRED for this. I have never in life had Sprint customer service been has bad as it has been in the last year. 

I have been on hold for 30 mins now waiting for a manager that is not coming. They legit are refusing to let me speak to a manager but attempting to talking me out of leaving the company by keeping me hostage to my contract.  I don't understand telling me you don't want me to leave the company but refusing to help me resolve this?

I want to file a complaint and either get arrangements on my phone or tell me the process to end my 20 year relationship with Sprint. I got stuck with a 3rd line from an ex which has made paying it difficult. Sprint keeps saying they don't want to lost me as a customer. But when I get on the phone I'm being asked for money I don't have. 

The last guy threatened my credit and collections as if I didn't just make a 245.00 payment on the 15th. I have no idea how the outsourcing works with Sprint but the new customer service is horrible.

Someone please send me info. 

15 REPLIES 15
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Filing a complaint with corporate.

Since there have been issues in the past and the need for a manager, I assume you've been working with our Finance Department? Although, your situation is unfortunate to hear about, the Finance Department is the best team to speak with about payment arrangement, especially if there has been issues with cancellations, modifications or failures in the past. 

As for the 3rd line, I assume you still have an open lease on that line? Do you know how many payments you have left on it? If the line is canceled with remaining lease payments, the remaining lease payments become due on the next bill. Has anyone ever discussed a standby status for that line? It may save some money monthly, but allow you to continue making the lease payments. Since this was an ex, was the phone returned to you in good working condition? If it was, once the last lease payment is made, the phone can be returned and that'll save the purchase price. 

I understand that this situation has led to an inquiry about canceling your account. When canceling the account, all remaining lease payments would become due, and we'd review on whether you're returning the phones. Unfortunately, canceling an account can lead to a large balance and collections in the future, if payment can't be made. 

I want to keep you as a customer. I would like to review your account to see what we can do to lower the monthly bill going forward. I can't make any promises about the current balance or how to get that caught up. Please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN or security answer.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I literally have a similar issue so it can not be just you. I’m new to sprint (1st billing cycle) I asked to payment make  arrangement and they said no you need to pay 50% upfront. I explained the reasons behind it and still the reps say there is nothing we can do. How? When I was T-Mobile for years it was never an issue. I don’t understand this philosophy behind sprint and make a payment arrangement for a $125.00 bill that I could literally auto pay in 6 days and you can’t help me? Really??  Let me pay you and be done with this. 

I feel your pain!

@iambjp00, eligibility for payment arrangements is built in the same manner as building credit. If it's the first bill, the account hasn't built the eligibility for the arrangement yet. Unfortunately, this privilege is allowed through payment history. Once arrangements are made, their history also plays into the continued eligibility. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Understandable! However, six days is making that big of a difference? It’s not like I’m months behind. It’s six days!!!! 

@iambjp00, Did you receive a notice that said your service would be interrupted? 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

No I have not. I think I got a call about it but nothing else. No voicemail. 

Journeyman

Actually the call was about something else account related.

@iambjp00, with a payment arrangement, you'll still receive a late payment fee. At this point, unless you receive a notice that your service will be suspended, just pay the bill when you have the money. If you're under 30 days late, you should be fine. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I actually called to make the payment arrangement when I called is when I was told the service would be Interrupted on Friday evening.  

So if you are guaranteeing that then, I’ll stick to that. 

I don't recall the time of day being guaranteed for an interruption. I can review the account and see what you were told. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I have the exact same issue and plan to file a complaint with corporate.  I spent my entire morning dealing with 4 representatives and a supervisor.  When I questioned why my services was disconnected if a payment was scheduled for today I was told it was because the payment "didn't go through."  Which is a lie, for various reasons the first two being I have sufficient funds to cover the payment and secondly it was an ACH payment and the payment hadn't even been presented to my financial institute yet. I asked if Sprint had cancelled my arrangement several times and was told no.  I then asked when was my account going to be updated to reflect that the ACH payment was reversed(which is what happens with an ACH payment) and when was I going to received notification that the payment was declined.  The supervisor informed me that my  services would be restored when they know my payment was successful.  and that Sprint would attempt to withdraw the funds again today, I informed that this is not how ACH works.  I then was sent a poorly worded confirmation from Sprint to state that my "payment didn't go through" and that I should check with the "bank about it." Honestly, I am not angry regarding my services being suspended, I am angry that instead of being provided anything resembling good customer service, I was subjected to gaslighting  and what can only be perceived as emotionally abusive behavior from Sprint's customer service.  After 15 years I have had enough.  I am not only making my complaint with corporate but with the NYS PSC as well.  The information I have for corporate is:

Sprint Parkway Overland Park KS 66251-4300

844-382-3312

I am not certain that this will actually get me to corporate, because I suspect that the customer service and service quality of Sprint as a whole has declined significantly in the past few years taht corporate is afraid to hear what customers actually have to say.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat