cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent international text messages

Journeyman

Fraudulent international text messages

A number on my account shows international text messages in July and those were not made by any of my family. How can we clear this up, get credit and ensure it doesn't happen again?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Fraudulent international text messages

You would need to speak with the Sprint WorldWide Department. You can reach them directly at 888-226-7212.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

The same thing is happening to myself & my husband. I called CS & they said they would turn it over to the international dept. & it may take 48 hours. But she couldn't tell me if they would call me back, or email or what. One number in particular we don't recognize comes up frequently as an international text even though it appears to be a Kansas area number that we've never called showing on our bill, and another number is a friends number that is local to us but shows up with an added 011 in front of the number.

Hello dawnkey1965! Thank you for visiting us here in Community. When was the last tie you spoke with a rep that said they would turn it over to the international department?

I see your other post as well where you said that you contacted International Department on Monday 9/5/2019. And just to verify that you contact them directly at 888-226-7212, or also known as our Worldwide Department?

Journeyman

I did not talk directly to the international dept. The customer service rep I talked to said THEY would turn it over to the international dept & THEY would contact me. I called customer service on Monday 8-5-19.

Did you reply to any of the text messages?

Journeyman

We did NOT receive any texts from those numbers! WE did NOT send any texts to those numbers! But they are showing up on my bill!

Hmm that is concerning. I am going to need to dig deeper. Can you send me a PM with account details. 

Journeyman

I called the International dept directly and received credit on my account the next day.

Journeyman

They're giving me credit on mine too, which I am grateful for. My only concern is has whatever problem that caused this been resolved ?

I hear ya dawnkey1965. I've also had similar charges pop up on my bill, and found out later they were tied to a spam text I received. I texted STOP to the number, because I didn't want anymore text coming from that number, and poof charges. 

As for the why these may have popped up on your bill, are unknown. Normally it would be from the use either sending or receiving an international text. But as you stated, you had no knowledge of this, and have never messaged this number. The credit has been issued, and moving forward you shouldn't be charged for international unless you use this option.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat