cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GameZone Charges For Something I Never Subscribed To

Journeyman

Re: GameZone Charges For Something I Never Subscribed To

Hello OldGreg,

yep. I ended up calling in again Saturday morning and was able to cancel the charges. While doing that I noticed that a "free trial" had somehow popped up on my line also. Customer service says this will be blocked from my lines from here on forth, but they said that last time too.

Journeyman

This has happened before to ATT.. 

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2016/12/ftc-providing-over-88-million-refunds-att-cus...

Hope Sprint gets on this before this gets to be a PR nightmare for them.

Wizard

I'm super happy the call rep was able to block 3rd part charges moving forward. Do you know if the rep unsubscribed you from the free trail? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I have a verbal commitment to that effect.

But then this appeared on another one of my lines today.

"GameZone: Your subscription is ending. $5/mo will be charged to your bill. Txt STOP to cancel your subscription," etc.

Never subscribed.

I think you have an epidemic.

Wizard

That's not good korechaos. I sent you a PM so I can take a deeper look into this for you. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Thanks to the Sprint team working with us to resolve these issues. Much easier than getting stuck on hold like I usually end up doing with my cable company. Of course, that's not saying much, lol. 

I still find it odd to have inadvertently been subscribed - heck, I even deleted the App Stack cause the app recommendations were driving me insane. Feels like there might have been some glitch going on.

Deleting an app doesn't do anything except stop you from seeing it. I'd be happy to block the third party charges for the future if you have that account info for me. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Hello, I need help with this. I received a similar message and I was worried about replying to it for fear of some scam or something. The message doesn't say anything about gamezone, but it is as follows:

Thank you for subscribing. You are currently enrolled in the 7-Day Free Trial. Your subscription will be charged on 06-13-2019 for $5/mo. Txt STOP to cancel. Help: 15672440171. https://bit.ly/2myTPBR Msg&DataRatesMayAply. 

Let me know what I should do to avoid any charges from something I never subscribed to either. 

You can go into your app store and block theses subscriptions so that you''re not charged.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

You can block the entire line/phone from purchasing anything.. Isn't that a bit heavy handed?

Anyways, already tried that.

Was told none of my lines will be texted about this again.

This morning guess what?

"Sprint: Your line ending in 9XXX purchased GameZone Forest Int for $5.00/30 days w/ongoing chgs. Click - https://vm.sprint.com/a/a/xxxxxxxx for details. FreeMsg"

*sigh*

Can you send us a Private Message with the phone number you're getting the messages sent to?

Already on call with customer service "resolving" this.... again.

EDIT: LOL Forwarded to a supervisor and no one answers. Been a Sprint customer since 1998 (over 20 years!), what happened to you guys?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat