cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GameZone Charges For Something I Never Subscribed To

Journeyman

GameZone Charges For Something I Never Subscribed To

Hello Sprint Customer care,

This morning I awoke to the following text message from GameZone saying I was supposed to be charged $5.00 for a subscription I did not initiate:

GameZone: Your trial is ending. $5/mo will be charged to your bill. Txt STOP to cancel your subscription, Help: 15672440171. Msg

I never initiated anything from a game or game service on my cell phone. Can you please assist me in reconciling this?

Thank you,

Kevin E.

75 REPLIES 75
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: GameZone Charges For Something I Never Subscribed To

Have you replied with STOP yet? This will cancel the charges. Also, how long have you been a Sprint customer? How long have you had that phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

We have been with Sprint for a very long time. I don't know the exact time we started using Sprint. I did try sending the message STOP and Stop, but did not receive a response back from this company. My phone, Essential PH-1, and my Wife's phone, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 have been ours for over 6 months now.

Thank you,

Kevin

Ok, I was thinking there was either a new customer or new phone promo time to use that app. I'm going to send you are private message to get your numbers.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Same problem here. What is the solution?
Journeyman

Solution was to contact Sprint Customer care through here. They private messaged me and unenrolled me from this service, which I never signed up for.

The rep whom helped me did a very good job.

Those third party charges are a pain. I let my nephew use my phone to play a game and he ordered over $30 in extras for it. There is a two part approval for these charges. Meaning that if you acedently hit an ad, a similar message to "are you sure you want to purchase this" pops up and you have to select yes or no.

I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. I sent you a PM to gather that info.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community Manager

Always good to see @RedCruzr_Sprint@Cat_Sprint and the rest of the S.M.A.R.T. bunch helping customers sort out their issues.  For more information about 3rd party charges, please take a look at our article here. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint I am having the same issue. I never signed up for GameZone nor have I even heard of GameZone, yet I received a text from them this morning with the same message as the OP. Can you or someone else please message me to resolve this? After reading multiple issues of "STOP" not working, I would like to talk to someone directly. I would appreciate it! 

I can see how these charges sure can be a pain. I'll be happy to look into this for you. All devices when you first get them, have pre-installed apps on them. Some of them are gaming apps. These can be uninstalled. Was this your line that signed up for Game Zone, or was this another line on your account; child's phone etc?

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

@AnnGee77_Sprint Yes, they can be a pain!

It is only my fiance and I on the account. His is the main person on the account, but I received the text. We have both had our phones over a year. He said he didn't sign up for a free trial either. 

So here's what I found. I stand corrected on this. The games are web based mobile games and they do not require a download to the phone, but you must be connected to the internet to play them. Did you start a web game by accident, or let a niece or nephew use your phone and they did it by accident. If you have Sprint Spot or Sprint Fun and Games on your device it could've been started there. I'm going to send you a private message to give you more information.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat