cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GameZone Charges For Something I Never Subscribed To

Journeyman

Re: GameZone Charges For Something I Never Subscribed To

Hi again @Katey88_Sprint,

I did try to do that yesterday, under "Block Apps, digital media downloads & third-party charges." However, the iPad is shaded out and when I hover over it to select. I get the message indicated in my original post: Oops! The content catalog access setting cannot be changed because the subscription you're changing is Data Card. There is a "select all" option there as well, but it only selects the two phones on the account and not the iPad.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Okay sounds like I need to check this out. Can you PM the tablet lines phone number?

Journeyman

I had the same thing happen to me with no initiation. I texted "stop" and it sent me back a varification of the ended subscription, but why was I subscribed ever in the first place? That's shady. 

Journeyman

Hi, I just received this text but I have not signed up for anything, and judging by these messages, this could be a huge pain and I don't want to deal with it.

Thank you for subscribing. You are currently enrolled in the 7-Day Free Trial. Your subscription will be charged on 05-30-2019 for $5/mo. Txt STOP to cancel. Help: 15672440171. https://bit.ly/2MvTPBR Msg&DataRatesMayAply.

I've been with Sprint for years and this is not a new phone. No one else has played or done anything on my phone. I replied STOP & got a message saying I would not receive any more charges or messages but the same thing happened to all these people that then had to put up with months of fraudulent charges on their account.

I saw one of the responses from a Sprint rep saying that GameZone is on all Sprint phones, but it is not on mine. I checked my Apps tab under Settings and it is not in the list.

I hope you can help to make sure I REALLY don't get charged for a service I did not request.

@Lumom, I'm happy to review the account and verify that the subscription was canceled. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Hi, i just recieved a text from this same service. Its something ive never signed up for and do not want. I dont even know what it is.

Journeyman

Yep. Just got this again on another of my phones. I got rid of it on another. I'm carrying a family plan.

Looks like there are a lot of fraudulent charges associated with GameZone.

This is going to cost Sprint a lot of money in service calls because I had to resort to that to reverse the charge on the other phone

There needs to be a solution.

Hi there. Were you able to get the new charge reversed? If not, let us know and we can get some more info to help you out.

The GameZone charges come from clicking on a link/advertisement that signs up for the service. We can make sure that these types of 3rd party charges are blocked and disabled from being allowed on your account going forward, if you would like. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

This just happened to me as well, but I have not clicked on any link or ad to activate this.  I would like a refund on my account and for this predatory behavior to stop.  I have replied STOP and blocked 3rd Party charges to my account but this needs to be resolved for all customers.

Hi Zech. I'll be sending you a PM so that we can take a closer look at your account for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

The GameZone trial text message showed up in my messaging today as well. I had my phone with me all day volunteering and did not play ANY games or download any apps.

I have been a Sprint Customer since 2001 and have not had any problems with the service but this is seriously making me second guess whether Sprint has a solid policy in place with surprise 3rd party services. I've never bought or used a third party service and had access to both for at least 10 years - why wouldn't that have been a red flag? Why would a trial service get away with only acknowledging a sign up by text? It would be nice if someone looked at the signup process and fixed it - the current process seems to be tagging people that never used it and contacting them only through text - which is increasingly including  spam and scam texts - and assuming that the user will click on a link for a service they never heard of.

I hear ya Umcuser. Normally these type of charges have a 2 party acceptance to them. Meaning a person would have to initiate by actively clicking on  either an app or ad. Then the person would then be promoted that there is a charge associated with this selection. I've been with Sprint a long time now, and I've only seen this same situation twice before.

There is a protocol in place for this type of situation, and there are steps that can be done to prevent these type of charges. I'll be more than happy to remove the subscription from our end and block 3rd party charges moving forward. 

I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat