cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a refund, but still being charged on bill as if I did not get the refund.

Go to solution
Journeyman

Got a refund, but still being charged on bill as if I did not get the refund.

On Nov. 4th. I got a new cell phone and was charged $161.63 for the down payment. That phone was defective, so I went and got a replacement. For the replacement, I got charged another $163.63 for the down payment. A few weeks later Sprint REFUNDED me. It seems as if we good to go, until I got a notification that my bill was supposedly over due on payment and owed $153.64. So I will break it down:

My monthly bill is +$237.85

CHARGES Accrued for the Month:

+$161.63 - Down Payment on New Phone Purchase (Defective)

+$161.63 - Down Payment for Replacement Phone

+$213.35 - Paid off Mother Phone

= +536.61

PAYMENTS Made for the Month:

-$161.63 - Down Payment on New Phone Purchase (Defective)

-$161.63 - Down Payment for Replacement Phone

-$213.35 - Paid Off Mothers Phone

+$161.63 - REFUND

+$237.85 - Monthly Bill Paid

= -$612.83

ADJUSTMENTS

-$7.99 - Discount

= -$7.99

If you add all the BOLD figures together you will get +$153.64...

BUT WHY AM I HAVING TO PAY $153.64!!??

I paid off the phone bill, I paid the down payment on my phone and for the replacement, I paid off my mothers phone, and I got the refund... It seems that the refund of +$161.63 that is in the "Payments" section should have also been put in the "Charges" section but as -$161.63 to balance it out, correct?

Essentially, the refund messed up the flow of the Phone Bill.

I called Sprint and explained this to them, but customer service did not understand this AT ALL. Please someone from Sprint help me out with this!! Thanks!!

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Got a refund, but still being charged on bill as if I did not get the refund.

Hi Jae. Send me a PM and I can take a look at your account with you so I can review exactly what's going on with your bill and give you a straight answer. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat