cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you delete the Call/Text History that Sprint keeps?

Journeyman

How do you delete the Call/Text History that Sprint keeps?

How do you delete the Call/Text History that Sprint keeps?  This seems invasive that they store your information without you given the option.  If someone hacked their system, they would have a record of every call/text you have made.  I'd like to see an option to NOT store this. 

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: How do you delete the Call/Text History that Sprint keeps?

Good afternoon. There isn't anyway to delete this whatsoever. This is more for the convenience for customers to have in case that info is needed. I can relay the message to Sprint, to possibly see if that can be an option in the future. I cannot make any guarantees though. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Hi, 

Thank you for the quick reply!  Could you please make this a formal request somehow?  There are certainly other people out there that want this functionality.  I'm considering moving providers if there is another that allows this.  I have not done my research on that yet, but my request remains the same.  Thank you!

Journeyman

This is a must need option, to opt out of this. I called about a month ago and a sprint customer service rep stated that he did this for me when I requested it, but as of today I can see all of my call logs and incoming and outgoing text messages.  Why did he say he did this, if there is no way for him to do it? I need this removed from my account immediately!!!  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I would like to verify that I'm understanding what you're asking for. Are you talking about the call logs on your sprint.com account? So you can go back and see the previously billed months?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

No that is not correct.  I am looking to delete them (Call/Text History). 

You are wanting to delete your call/text history through your device? 

Journeyman

No.  I want Sprint to delete my Call/Text History that they are storing on my account. 

This is a massive security issue for us if you are not able to delete this. 

I understand that you're not talking about your device. I had previously asked you for clarification on this. I want to ensure I'm on the same page with you. Are you talking about your www.sprint.com account, that is online for you to sign into? I don't know that this is possible, since this is your billed usage. The account is password protected, so the information is safe. 

We also keep these same records in our system. Please help me understand which system you're talking about and why you feel this is a concern.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat