cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to unlock my iPhone? Did I get ripped off? HELP!!

Journeyman

I need to unlock my iPhone? Did I get ripped off? HELP!!

I bought a used iPhone on OfferUp and it wasn’t unlocked from sprint! I called sprint to get it unlocked and they told me that the person I bought the phone from owed $800 in due balance. I want to know if the person DOES NOT pay it. Will the phone become IMEI blocked? I was thinking of using an R-Sim or a turbo/gevey sim to unlock the device and use it but I’m scared it will be reported lost or stolen. I have no contact to the seller.... what do I do??

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: I need to unlock my iPhone? Did I get ripped off? HELP!!

Unfortunately, our hands are completely tied in this situation. If the account that the phone was last active on has an outstanding balance, the phone cannot be unlocked until that balance is paid by the customer themselves.  The only option people have in this case is contacting the seller, I'm very sorry.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I understand it can't be unlocked so I can use it on t-mobile, however if i switch to sprint can i use the phone

Wizard

Good afternoon. You wouldn't be able to use the phone with Sprint either, due to the financial obligation on the phone.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

There is no financial obligation on the phone the Sprint customer service rep said.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat