Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to Cancel Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I want to Cancel Sprint.

I've been a Sprint user for 2-3years while living in the USA. Everything was fine until I decided to leave the country to live in South Korea. When I was leaving the states, we made sure we canceled every single bill and terminate every possible payment necessary for us to leave cleanly. Every single company except for Sprint has been terminated. When we are leaving the states, we went to a Major Sprint store making sure we returned all of our leased phones and terminate any services associated with my account. The employee working at the Spring store gave us the clear and told us we were "all set, and all gone". When we leave the country and come to Korea. We notice an email that is saying we need to make payments for service bills associated with our phones. We turned in every single phone we had leased below my account, and even terminated services. We just assumed that it was a mistake and let it be for a couple of months. When it was September, we noticed that the bill kept growing more expensive and gave us a worry. So in an attempt to clear our account we used an international line to call the Sprint Company to cancel our services again. They told us we needed to pay around $250 to cancel our services. Since we had no choice but to pay for the bill to cancel our account, we paid the $250 of service that was never used and the employee told us we were all terminated and good to go. It's October 25th, I got an email again telling me to make another payment for services that I don't even have or use. This is a joke. We told the employee our situation to make sure he understands our reason for leaving. But at this point employees are just lying to us telling us its all terminated then a few months later making us pay more for services that we never even used. I don't have a choice to go back to the Sprint store here in Korea. So what is going on with my account and why are you still telling me to pay more when I'm not using anything?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

I hear ya Zuantum. It sounds like the store was able to take care of all your phone/lease regarded expediences. But they do not have the authority to cancel the actual phone lines. Only out Customer Account Solutions/retention (CAS) has this authority. Did you call in, and speak to our CAS or retention department? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Well, we couldn't call because we're in a whole different country. At this point, I don't care about the payment bills. If CAS is called to cancel our accounts will that terminate everything associated with our account?. Could you also post the direct number to Sprint CAS representative?

Highlighted

Requesting to have the account cancelled via CAS will result in the lines, and account being cancelled. CAS doesn't have a direct line, but you can call the care line and they can get you over to CAS. Here's the number for the Customer Care department: 888-211-4727

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

I just called sprint, they told me that all the accounts are canceled. However, I still need to pay the rest of $95 because I canceled my account on Oct 19, which was the same date as to when the account was deactivated. So they are now telling me I have to pay for the 1 day of service that was never used for 3 months and their employees making mistakes upon our situations. I want the representative to cancel our bill currently due on Nov 11th. Is this possible? Because there is no excuse for Sprint to take $300+ from us because their employees made SEVERAL mistakes.

Highlighted

I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. I can't make any promises, but I can check. If you called CAS and requested to have the lines cancelled and CAS didn't get those lines cancelled, then I might might be able to check into the bill situation. 

I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted

Honestly, this is just a total joke because when we went to a Sprint store on June, 19th 2019 we turned in all of our phones and terminated all of our accounts IN THE STORE. So we trusted the 1st employee that told us everything was "all set". Then on Sept, 27th 2019 we called in from South Korea because we got a bill saying one of our accounts was still active when we clearly terminated it in June, but we trusted the 2nd employee who told me if I pay for this bill everything is "all set". So, as a result, we paid for it along with the international communication fee associated with calling abroad to terminate our account. NOW its Oct 25th and you guys are telling me to pay another $95 for another cancelation? Not only do we want our account terminated, but we also can't pay for this bill that we never used for in 3months when we literally left the country. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat