Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Call charges

Highlighted
Journeyman

International Call charges

Hello Sprint,

On March 9th 2019, using sprint online portal I blocked all international calling from my phone. I received auto email from sprint subject "You've changed services on your plan" 

Removed:Call and/or Text from US to International locations:Allow my device to place international calls while in the United States - $0.00/mo**.  My sole purpose of doing this is to block all international calling using sprint service. 

I use google voice on my phone to make international calls which automatically diverts all international calls. But for some reason from july 2019 i started seeing charges for international calling ($126 for 85 mins) and somehow this service has been re-activated. I called customer service and they agreed that this a mistake but argued its a valid charge and i have to pay . After multiple calls for hours they agreed to waive $92 but they never applied the credit. I called a week later on the status and now they will only waive $50 not the original $92.

I have couple of concerns,

First one - Why should i be liable for sprint system problems with re-activating international calling after i explicitly blocked the service.

Second one - When you promise me to waive $92 in the first customer service call, how come you not apply the credit but wait till i call again then change it to $50.

I am very disappointed and would like to dispute the charges, hopefully someone would help me here. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: International Call charges

Let's take a look and get this straightened out. Please send me a PM with your name, phone number and account PIN.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Megntron_Sprint,

Oops posted my info in public, let me send you private message. 

Highlighted

Thanks for that. Give me a minute to pull up your account.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

I ended up paying $76 for the international calls, it's sad and disappointing to push their system faults on their customers. The settings you get to check in sprint are a joke, and they don't work. In my case i was told that even after blocking international calls in sprint website they cannot guarantee it works and these are the words from the rep - "After reviewing your account I found that removing international calling doesn't stop calls from being made or received" 

So basically they are waiting for customers like us to fall in cracks and milk money. I even offered to pay international connect plan for a month which basically covers all international costs. But i was refused, well i had enough and switched to spectrum mobile. 

Just an advice, run from sprint it's not the old sprint company with compassion anymore. They just lost a loyal customer since 2011, good bye Sprint. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat