cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lease End Date

Go to solution
Journeyman

Lease End Date

So I started a lease on 2/21/16 and I never received any email notification of a lease end or my options afterwards. Now, I have been doing research and I knew it was going to end in August (18 months) 2017. I keep checking my account and as of yesterday it kept saying 1 month left on the lease - that made sense.. My billing cycle is 21st-20th, so the Jul21-Aug20th bill would have been the final one for the lease. Now I am told that my lease actually ended on the Jun21-Jul20th bill and that I am now in the month2month period. I never wanted to be in a month2month period where I am paying lease fees that would not even count if I kept the phone. 

So if a bill says period Jun21-Jul20th, how does it become a Aug bill? Is the billing period irrelevant? This billing a month in advance business is making no sense to me.

Anyway, if any Sprint customer rep is listening, I don't want to be paying a lease fee after the lease ends and then pay the full option fee if I decide to keep the phone. I never received any communication about the end date of the lease and if I check the lease agreement, it states clearly that the final payment is in August, which makes sense. I don't understand why things need to be so complicated.

16 REPLIES 16
Master

Re: Lease End Date

mainhoon, at the end of your lease term if you are a customer in good standing, you have 4 options.

If you are upgrading at a store, bring your phone with you.
If you are upgrading online or over the phone, we'll ship a return kit to you. Drop your phone in the envelope provided and drop it in the mail

To check the end of your lease term:

Go to sprint.com/mysprint and sign in.

Scroll to the phone you are leasing and click "View agreement"

I can also review your lease information and address your concerns, just respond to the private message I sent you and we can get started.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Yes I have reviewed my lease. My lease started 2/21/16 and in the lease agreement it states first payment, 16 more payments and then final payment due 8/24/17. A total of 18 payments. Just counting 18 months means 8/20/17. But my 6/21-7/20 bill says that lease ends as of that bill. I think this has something to do with your 1 month advance billing, I just don't get why it is not made abundantly clear when the lease ends. The actual date. This billing period mismatch is confusing. On my sprint dashboard until last week it was showing 1 month remaining on the lease, yet the bill PDF was stating lease ended.

I called customer service and I have now bought off my phone. I have told them that I won't be paying any "extended lease" fees, I never intended to pay these fees which are pointless as they dont even count towards the option price. He assured me I won't be charged, if I am, I will be back.

Master

mainhoon,I want to address your concerns. In order to do so, I need to take a look at your account and lease information. Please provide me with the requested information via private message and I'll further assist you.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

You're lucky you found out at the end of your lease mainhood, because I was scammed into the "extended lease fee" for over 6 months for 3 phones although I was told when I leased the phones I can make monthly payments till the total market value of the phone was payed off. I payed over 600 in those scam of a fee. Sprint can say bye to 8 lines that were ready to upgrade.
Sprint Social Care

Hello Learubyrodrigue, this is not how we want you to feel. I'd like to assist you in a private thread, I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The same thing happened to me!!! No notification, I just noticed that my bill went up and so when I looked into it I found out I’ve been renting my phones for 4 months without knowing!!! I’m so mad! I would’ve bought my phones outright. Such a scam after all the hastle I went through hours on the phone with sprint just to get our billing correct in the beginning. This has been the worst experience with any provider of anything I have purchased and nobody seems to care.

Journeyman

Yeah, too late for me, Sprint made a killing off of me, I thought I was paying off the phones for the past six months after my lease was up and just founding out it was not going towards purchasing the phones outright, oh well, I lived and I learned.

Journeyman

it is crazy how often this appears to happen ... same thing with me in feb .... on the phone stated one thing by an associate and now another one stating sorry they were wrong .. you still owe the money for the month to month lease .... 20 plus years 6 lines .... no one willing to help crazy 

Journeyman

Don't feel bad, we were told that when the lease ended we would be charged until the money left on the phone was paid off. That was a total lie told to us by Sprint. Now to find out I have been renting the phone for the past 15 months and I want to keep the 3 phones I have to pay $150 for my Galaxy s7, $150 for my wifes IPhone S6+ and $200 for my son's Iphone 6. The lease stuff is just a scam and I considering leaving Sprint that IO have been with for 19 years ever since they were Nextel!!!

Hi Ryande! How long ago did you start the leases on those devices? Has the 18 month lease term been completed on them?

The lease ended May of 2018. We have been told that we have been renting the phones for 14+ months.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat