cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name on account

SOLVED
Journeyman

Name on account

I'm trying to get a transcript of my tax return but can't cause my phone is in my wife's name, Can you add my name to the account even temporarily, otherwise I will have to pay to get a copy and I need the return for a court case and can't wait a month to get it!
10 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Name on account

I'm probably wasting my time doing this because the community can't help. I need to talk to an actual person!
Journeyman

Re: Rumors and Reorganization - Week of 10 Feb, 2017

Sorry it's supposed to be

"added "

Wizard

No, you cannot change the name on the account like that.
What does your phone have to do with your tax return? If you filed it yourself, you should have a copy, or if you filed through a service, they would have given you a copy.
Master

Yeah, I'm confused here as well, what does your phone account, or wife's phone account have to do with your tax returns?

That said, your wife should be able to get any information from the account you need.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Social Care

Re: Rumors and Reorganization - Week of 10 Feb, 2017

Good Morning yendor! That's definitely not the way we strive to do business. We'll be glad to take a closer look into this issue. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Well I don't know who's going to get this but here goes, I went to the IRS website and wanted to get a copy of my tax returns for 2014 and 2015 . Their options are : get a transcript online(free) , get a paper copy($50/ea , takes up to 30days) ,etc . Since I need them yesterday, for court, I chose #1 .After creating an account, I went to the transcription tool, Requirements; an email address, a cell phone in your name.( so they can verify your id) problem #1, my phone is in my wife's account under her name.wont work , no one to talk to about an exception there ,Problem #2 , I asked her to go online repeat what I did, she said she doesn't know how, I said I'd help, she doesn't have time, let me use your phone then ? NO ! We're getting a divorce, and I have some nerve asking her , ! Next option, call CPA , ask for copies, "I'm too busy " , thanks, (I'll get a supremacy) , next option, go downtown to the IRS office, " sorry, you need an appointment! Option, Call Sprint and ask to put my name on the account, if only temporarily until I order the returns, can't do it, try to talk to someone, no luck, join community forum, maybe some help there , get lost, confused , find out I can pay $7 to ask a question. Forget it, ( this is the short story) so thanks for listening,
Rod
Tags (1)
  • Tags:
Journeyman

Sorry, to get a transcript online, you need an email address and a cell phone in your name so they can verify your id, and they do check . I can't find my copies, cpa, too busy , etc .
Journeyman

Thanks, see if you can find my reply?
Wizard

If your CPA is too busy, I'd find a new one, and fast. You paid your CPA for a service, and part of that service is providing copies as needed on demand.

Kindly let your CPA know you need your copies ASAP or you will have to take it up with the Board (the State agency which regulates CPAs). Of course you will need to use another CPA if you go that route.

You can try to open your own account with Sprint, and see if your wife will let you take your line off her account (that is so you can keep your number).

Some Pay-as-you-go phones may work also.