cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting credit for iPhone traded in

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not getting credit for iPhone traded in

I traded in my old phone because a promotion was running and it would cut my price almost in half for the new phone. I just recieved an email saying my phone was locked and I wouldn't get the promotion. It wasn't locked. I was on Chat when I reset the phone.  then I called and asked them to check. He call me back and said the reason was because the battery removed. It wasn't removed. They again called and said the reason was because the phone was wet. This is wrong! Sprint is not honoring their promotions, 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Oh my. I'd be upset as well. Which of the trade in promotions did you take part in and what model device was your trade in? Let's get you some answers and work towards a solution! 

Highlighted

i phone7. This was what the email said. "Trading in an unlocked phone was a requirement to keep the 29.17/mo. promotional pricing for your new phone on line xxx-xxx-xx28. Because the trade-in phone we received is locked, we applied a .00 Buyback credit to your account and changed your phone payment to 41.67/mo" and Like I said, then they came back and said it wasnt locked but the battery was out. Then they said it wasn' t the battery but it was wet. It seems they are just stealing phones.

Highlighted

Okay. Let me check out your account, I'm sure we can sort this out. Sending you a private message now. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat