cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

San Francisco City 911 Tax??? Why?

Go to solution
Journeyman

San Francisco City 911 Tax??? Why?

Hi can somebody please explain why I am I paying San Francisco city 911 tax and utility tax even though I don’t leave in sf?? Why do I have to pay over $20 for something I don’t use and won’t be using?? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: San Francisco City 911 Tax??? Why?

Typically this happens when there has been a change in billing address, but the subscribers addresses weren't changed. This can also happen if subscribers on your account are in that area, even if it isn't your billing address. I'm happy to pull the account and double check the addresses listed for service. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Hello:

Thanks for this post and the explanation.

Is there any way you can help me out too?  I've submitted a case to Sprint and it's been over 14 days now without a reply from the "back office"  The agent said she fixed it now.  But, I still have yet to hear back from the "back office" and correction to the over charges in taxes.  Apparently, these charges have been going on for over 10 years without my knowing until we heard others having the same issue.  Usually, when one changes address and calls into the carrier directly, one would expect all the fixes to be taken cared of.

Also, it looks like this issue has been featured in other cities like Chicago in 2016.  https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/cellphone-tax-bill-nbc-5-responds-394642221.html

Is this a national issue?  Why has this been going on for so long?

Appreciate any insight and help to bring this matter to a close swiftly.

Thank you!

I would like to review the account for the case. Other than getting the addresses updated and the additional city or state taxes removed, what are you seeking?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I've been paying for taxes in a city in which I no longer live.  So, my money back in cash/check within the next 3 days before my next billing cycle

1. all of the taxes in which I have been overcharged for the last 10+ years with compound interest 

2. money back for any cell phone bill charges past August 12 (the next billing cycle) as this has been preventing me from switching.  It's already by 15 days since the case has been opened.

3. money back for any additional time spend to resolve this case.  You can reach me regarding my hourly rate.

I do not want credit for future use.

4. Explanation to my questions mentioned above:

a. Is this a national issue?

b. What steps have been since this was reported in at least 2016 in Chicago based on the video provided

c. The cause for these issues

d. Why it takes so long to get these answers rectified and the problems to be fixed?

e. What Sprint is doing to fix these problems so other consumers don't have to go through these hurdles to get refunded on items that were incorrectly charged.

Please expedite or let me know if I need to seek additional help.

Thank you

We're happy to get your account corrected, so the amount of taxes that is charged monthly is correct. However, there will be no credits or refunds of any taxes already charged, due to the taxes were already paid to those cities and we're not authorized to refund taxes. We especially wouldn't refund anything past 60 days. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Ok.  Well that doesn’t seem exactly fair.  The lady that was televised in Chicago, sprint gave her all her money back.

can you please seek an exception .

also, any clarity on the previously ask questions?

Journeyman

Also, what am I supposed to do now? Can this be fixed before the 11th?

I would like to review your account. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Hello.  Thank you.  I haven't received a private message.  What account is it supposed to go to?

Journeyman

I totally agree with you! Why some people do get refunds and others don’t?? Do we need to get public attention in order to be treated fairly?!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat