cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone added a phone to my account

Journeyman

Someone added a phone to my account

I went into a Sprint Store today because there was a phone on my bill that wasn't mine. Whoever "bought" this phone changed the email, security question, and my PIN number.  I can't imagine how that happened because it's been a pain to change that all back with them scanning my license and asking the MOST obscure security questions.  Since they changed the email, I was never notified there'd been an addition. The customer service person was very helpful and called into the fraud dept. I filed a report, they researched my account, and removed the phone from my account. I checked online a few hours later and there's a $400 charge to cancel that phone. Is that just a temporary thing? Also, will I be credited back the charges I've been paying? This is certainly a fraud/security issue on the Sprint side.

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Someone added a phone to my account

Hey, that sounds terrible. Let's see if we can get this taken care of for you. I will private message you so I can get some account info.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat