Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Credit Reporting Question

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Credit Reporting Question

Hello,

My account was mistakenly sent to collections after a miscommunication with Sprint's customer service agents. I was instructed to wait until I received my "device return kit" in the mail and then pay the remaining balance on the account. The kit never arrived and my account was sent to collections (I was never unwilling to pay off the account).

When I contacted the "collections agency" they stated that they never owned the debt and that Sprint still owns the debt. I have paid the debt in full to Sprint and the account has been completely cancelled. Will Sprint now recall the debt and have it deleted from my credit report?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Once the debt is paid in full, it is reported back. It will be removed. Sometimes it can take some time since we have to communicate back and forth with them. If you notice its been longer than 30 days, please reach back out. 

Highlighted

@Katey88_Sprint Thank you for your response! Will it be reported as paid? OR completely deleted? This makes a big difference on my credit report. I am in the process of closing on my first home and this is really putting a dent in my score.

Highlighted

Once the balance is paid, the collections agency has 30 days to report to the 3 major credit bureau. It will be marked as paid in full. 

Highlighted

@Katey88_Sprint  are there any options available for having the debt deleted completely? I have read about a goodwill letter or possibly a pay to delete agreement...

Highlighted

You would need to talk to the collections agency for that. 

Highlighted

@Katey88_Sprint  Thank you for your help. Do you know why they would tell me they don't own the debt when I call them? Does this make sense- I paid Sprint directly...

Highlighted

When we send it to the agency it is handled by them. If you pay Sprint, we will report that to the agency. They will have to report it to the bureaus. That is just how it is handled. 

Highlighted

@Katey88_Sprint Ok, thank you. That makes sense.

Highlighted

You're welcome. Let us know if you don't notice any change within 30 days. 

Highlighted

@Katey88_Sprint What is the finance department phone number that would be best in the event that the credit bureau needed to contact?

Highlighted

Howdy jjett121. The number for the Customer Finance Services is  800-847-6654. 

Hours: 
Monday - Friday: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Saturday: 7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sunday: 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat