cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsidized phone charge

Go to solution
Journeyman

Bait and switch

So I was not told about this subsidized phone charge now I have 4 phones and &250 monthly bills this is insane
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Journeyman

$25 subsidized fee

This is an absurd fee charged by sprint.I bought the I6 for $99 but with the freedom plan I have to pay $25 a month extra,"cause the phone was discounted"?Nobody told me about this hidden fee.They have paid before for their misdeeds and they can pay again.I believe in capitalism but this is just dirty.

Journeyman

Subsidized phone charge

Why am I paying hard earned money for a phone that I own?! I'm going to a Verizon store on my day off to see what they offer. This is criminal.

Tags (1)
Journeyman

Re: $25 subsidized fee

Same thing happened to me! No where did I see fine print stating this was the penalty for not renting a phone! I've been trying to get this issue resolved for 3 weeks. I think we should ban together and file a formal complaint with AG or suit.
Sprint Social Care

fletch7777 What is going on? Why do you feel that way? We would never want our customers feel this way. Allow us to review your account. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Hey Desertsunset! We have also sent you a private message. Please reply back at your earliest convenience.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't know what else to do with Sprint unless cancel my line bkuz they take people as Monkey, i am saying that bkuz they fool me so bad and disrespectfully........ may i get a number to call Sprint Director without holding 2hours an customers lines please....
Sprint Social Care

Hey VictimOfSprint! Can you please send us a private message? Just click on my name and then select “send a message". We are here to help!

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Re: Subsidized phone charge

We wouldn't want to see you go! Can you please send us a private message? Just click on my name and then select “send a message". Let us know, we want to help!

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Subsidized Phone Charge

I recently moved 5 lines from another carrier (where I was for nearly 20 years) to Sprint.  Everything seemed great at first.  However I just got my second bill (5 days after the 30 day money back period ended) that has 2 "Subsidized Phone Charge" fees of $25.  I called cusomter service and was told that I will pay this fee for 24 months on both lines that got disocunted phones.  I was never told about this when I signed up and it makes zero sense.  I paid $250 upfront for an S7 and agreed to a 2 year contract.  Now with the $25 x 24 months = $600 plus the $250 upfront = $850 for a phone that costs $696 outright.  So I pay more that retail for the "subsidized phone" and sign a 2 year contract!  Nobody would do that!  No wonder the CFPB recently fined Sprint for unfair practices.  Anyone else in this boat?  I've seen plenty of complaints online.  It seems Sprint does it on purpose.  After multiple calls and hours on the phone yesterday I got nowhere.

Journeyman

Subsidized phone charge

I just recently switched to sprint and was looking at my bill. What are subsidized phone charges? And why was I not aware of them when I agreed?
Journeyman

Re: Subsidized Phone Charge

Has anyone had any luck sorting out a the undisclosed subsidized phone fee?  I am just not sure what my next step should be but there is no way I am paying $50 per month for 24 months = $1,200 when it was never told to me when I transfered my 5 lines to Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat