Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsidized phone charge

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: Subsidized phone charge

Gfine

Your concerns are well understood, however, please know that some plans are not compatible with discounted devices, if you get a device with a 2 years agreement on a discounted plan, a subsidized phone charge applies. 

Please send us a Private Message. Just click on my name and then select “send a message". We would like to take a look at your plan to further assist you. 

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am in the same boat, but with three $25 charges. I was told when I changed plans that these charges would be wavied. Received bill today and guess what the charges are on my bill. Why am i not surprised? Please help!!

case #161128890

Sprint Social Care

Hey there! Please reply back to the private message that we sent you so we can further assist you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman aeb
Journeyman

Subsidized phone charge

Can't register my phones due to outstanding bill because of $699.99 charge for Phones (4) not return on a timely manner. I live on a fix income and I cannot afford to pay the bill with the additional charges. Phones have been receive in the warehouse. But I'm told in billing that they cannot see that the phones have indeed been received since they don't have access to the site, therefore I cannot get credit for the $699.99. The warehouse is telling me that I have to registered the phone on-line which I have been trying to do but seems I have an outstanding bill it cannot registered the phone's I have tried calling and it seems that I continue to go in circles. Seems that every time i call I have to go maneuver through as maze just to talk to someone and when I finally do I can't get any satisfactory answers so my problem persist till now and the 60 days will end March 17, 2017.. An on another matter two of the phones are not recognized by the system were not transferred to Sprint from AT&T. I really need help!!!!

Sprint Social Care

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have gone through. We would like to take a look into this issue. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Subsidized phone charge

I don't understand why i am being charged this ($25). I've had the same phone for 2 yeears when i got it under contract. After that contract expired this phone is mine, why am i still being charged for it?

Journeyman

Hello, i'm inquiring about my subsidized phone charge, i don't believe i should be assessed this charge as i purchased the phone from you over a 2 year contract, when you moved me to a single plan for what was said to be 60 a month, there was no mention of this fee, frankly if there was i wouldn't have stayed t-mobile all for 50 is a better deal and doesn't have fees like this. 

Journeyman

will send pm

Highlighted
Community Manager

For a public expanation of this fee, please see our article "What is the $25 Subsidized device fee?"

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat