cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't Sprint resolve customer issues?

Journeyman

Why won't Sprint resolve customer issues?

Several months ago me and my family updated our phones to the latest iPhones after being told we would not lose the 1/2 off discount that we were on and that there was a special being applied to our account for the buy one lease one offers and that would be applied to two of the accounts so that essentially we would be paying the monthly fees for the two iPhone XS Max and the iPhone XR‘s would essentially be a free lease while we’re leasing, this was all recorded on a phone conversation that you do have. I confirmed That the 50% grandfathered discount that we have had for years would still apply and it would not be taken away we were also offered things like MasterCard gift cards as well and of course we have not received those either the point is nothing we were told would happen has happened we are being overcharged every month we’re paying outrageous amounts the service is no better than it ever was and quite honestly where we live it’s not the best service anyways at this point I’d like the contract to be voided so we can go somewhere else since Sprint is unwilling and unable to help us with these issues and keep the promises that were made to us. We were not told we would lose the discount and you can see the endless calls and chats about upgrades and issues on record, to be honest my husband and I do not even like the XS Max phones and would much rather have our old phones than these. I have screenshots that I Took when I ordered the phones and you guys have the recorded phone conversation where I was ready to leave Sprint because there were no good phone deals and I was stressed out and this guy retained me and he seemed like he was great at the time although right now none of these things have happened and we most definitely need these charges refund that were being overcharged the discount needs to be placed back on the account immediately you keep telling us 7 to 10 days..... 7 to 10 days that’s been going on for months now I don’t care you can listen to the conversation and see what we were told and Sprint needs to go by what we were told it’s the only right thing to do 

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Why won't Sprint resolve customer issues?

Hi there. I'd be glad to help look into this for you but want to make sure I'm hearing you right so please let me know if any of this is incorrect by adding/updating notes to the items outlined below. 

• You should be receiving a 50% off discount on your monthly cost of service
  • You should have 2 iPhone XS Max and 2 iPhone XR, with the 2 XR phones being free after monthly credit
  • You have pending MasterCard gift cards that you are awaiting

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

yes that is what I was told when I upgraded, but everything keeps going in countless circles.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

OK, thank you for confirming! I'll need to gather some additional info so I can take a look at your account. I'll send you a PM so we can take next steps in our review. 

Thank you for sending along that info. I've added some notes and questions below. Can you help me fill in the blanks on items 1 and 3? 

1) You should be receiving a 50% off discount on your monthly cost of service - I need to further research to understand why this was removed. This plan/discount is from a few years ago and is no longer offered so I'll need to do some digging to make sure I understand all the rules of the plan and anything that could have triggered the removal of the half off discount. 

2) You should have 2 iPhone XS Max and 2 iPhone XR, with the 2 XR phones being free after monthly credit. - The promo at that time was for Lease one iPhone XS and get one leased XR on us, but you needed at least 1 new line for the promo. All of the lines with new phones were already existing so this would not have qualified for that promotion. 

3) You have pending MasterCard gift cards that you are awaiting - Can you let me know what promotion these gift cards would have been for? Typically these are for when you add a line of service. 

Journeyman

The problem is that there is a recorded phone call where I was told the bolo would work  exactly as I was told and I was lied to, the mastercards were part of that, willing to let go of that one but definitely not the bolo on the phones and the discount, again this is all on a phone call that we were told was being pulled to look at.  We are paying way too much for things that are not worth it to us, id atleast like out of the lease since we were lied to. (without any charges)

I was able to get the promo you were promised approved. Going forward you will have 18 months worth of credits on the 2 lines with XR's totaling up to the full amount you would have received if the promo went through when you first got the phones.

As for the plan on the account, after some more research, any upgrade you would have done would have dropped that 50% off rate. The plan in general is only set to last a few more months before being retired and migrated into a more current unlimited plan offering. I cannot return that 50% off rate since it was a promotional rate set to expire. You can either stay in your existing plan at the current rate from your most recent bill until it is eventually migrated over to another plan, or you can proactively switch to a less costly plan.

For 4 lines of Unlimited Basic you would only pay $140 a month with AutoPay. You would get unlimited talk, text, and data as well as free Hulu. If that is something you are interested in switching over to, please let me know and I can help arrange that. 

Journeyman

Thanks for your help with the XR promos, that will help.  When trying to change our plan previously there was an unlimited that was going to be $100 for 4 lines, is that plan still available?  Thank you for your assistance.

Highlighted
Journeyman

okay so the unlimited basic 4 lines $100, would be great, can you retro that one?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat