Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 promotion not being honored

Go to solution
Journeyman

iPhone 7 promotion not being honored

Hello,

I opened a new account with Sprint in November 2017 and took advantage of your lease-one-get-one promotion for iPhone 7s.  I leased four devices: three iPhone 7s and one iPhone 7 Plus.  These were the only four devices available in the store, and I was told that I could combine all four phones in the promotion, with me paying to lease the one iPhone 7 Plus and one iPhone 7.

On my first bill, I was charged for three devices, not two as I was promised.  I promptly returned to my iPhone store the following week, and was told to wait 2-3 billing cycles to see the full promotion.

The problem was not resolved, so I returned to the store on February 27, 2018.  I was told that the issue would be "escalated," and that I would hear back soon from the store.  Nothing happened.

I returned to the store again in late March and received the same information again.  Nothing changed.  I returned to the store for a fourth time on April 27. The sales representative forwarded to me the correspondence that he had sent on my behalf to his district manager, but still no progress was made, and I have not heard any change in my complaint.

Today I sent an e-mail to my local sales representative, and I received a message back that he "forwarded this thread to my district manager for further assistance as I have not received any information back on the escalation." I do not understand why this district manager has not responded to my local sales representative after waiting a full month.

I find it odd that a telecommunications corporation needs at least six months to resolve this simple issue.  Why am I continuing to pay to lease three of my four phones, when I was promised the deal would apply to two of my leased phones?  Why is no action being taken on my claim?

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 7 promotion not being honored

Good afternoon jbetzel. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. Let's find out what can be done, I'll be sending you a Private Message to discuss some account information, please reply back when you can.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello,

It has been six days since you posted that you would contact me for additional information, but I have not yet received your correspondence. Would you please contact me directly as you stated you would?

Sprint Social Care

Hey @jbetzel. Sprint_Palmira sent you a PM last Friday, but there was no response from you. Did you check your Private message inbox?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have not received any messages in my Sprint private inbox. I will message you with a private message now so that we can establish contact.

Sprint Social Care

@jbetzel, I'll wait for it. If you encounter any issue, I can send it to you.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I recently experienced a similar issue with upgrading two Iphone 6s to Iphone 8s.  Back in April I changed my unlimited data plan and leased to Iphone 8s that would be estimated $29/month but then I would receive a $10 credit for each phone so they would be $19/month per phone.  I received my bill and of course there were issues so I called Sprint.  After talking with a representative I was transferred to a manager when I was told  that the sales rep who I talked with when I upgraded  was misinformed and provided me incorrect information.   Well, I stated that I shouldn't be penalized and that Sprint should honor the terms and conditions of the contract I signed.  I would have only upgraded to a 7 if I knew this was the case.  The manager said there was nothing she could do.   I think Sprint is very deceptive with their sales tactics especially to loyal customers since 2001  and should uphold to a contract that was agreed upon.   Unfortunately, I see that others are dealing with similar issues which makes it all the more concerning.

Journeyman

Wowzers, I am sorry for this issue and being a member for 17 years, I want to get this issue resolved and looked into. Let me send you a private message to gather further information.

WhovianJ
⌛ Gallifreyan Social Care Time Agent ⌛ 

Please provide descriptions of issues and Kudos within the community.
Mark "Accepted Solution" when the correct answer is provided.
Journeyman

I should close the loop on my situation -- Carlos from Sprint Customer Care helped to process my case and I received a credit to my account that was equal in value to the cost of leasing the phone in question. This was processed within a day of our online dialogue.  I appreciate that he was able to accomplish in one day what my local customer service manager couldn't do over a span of many months.

Journeyman

That is totally AWESOME. I am glad to hear that Carlos was able to resolve your issue @jbetzel. Please leave him a kudos if you feel he has earned it.

WhovianJ
⌛ Gallifreyan Social Care Time Agent ⌛ 

Please provide descriptions of issues and Kudos within the community.
Mark "Accepted Solution" when the correct answer is provided.
Journeyman

I am having a very similar issue and the corporate care number and my local sprint store tell me and I quote, "I don't know what else we can do".  I signed up for Sprint from ATT in January and traded in 2 iPhones in January 2018 for iPhone 8 and I have all the papers showing I was supposed to get a $600 credit ($300 for each phone) and six months later, 3 phone calls including to corporate care or something of that nature, 5 visits to the store where I opened the account and still no credit and was told that no one can help.  So essentially my phones were stolen by Sprint and even the Corporate care representative implied that maybe the store person stole them (which I honestly do not believe he did) but what I do believe is that Sprint has no one to be accountable to so no one cares to help me and basically they are stealing phones from people as I see I am not the only one with this issue.  I was told because the store has no manager right now that no one can help me and while they can see all the information that I did have 2 iPhones and they have the tracking numbers (IMEIs) they cannot help me beyond frustrating!!!!

Journeyman

I hope I can get some sort of resolution to my situation.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat