cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ripping off customer

Highlighted
Journeyman

ripping off customer

I've been with sprint for almost 2 years, and everything was okay until I added 2 lines, and cancelled 3 lines. But then they still charged me for all those 3 cancelled lines, and the worst part is, they charged me $750 for a seasonal standby and $13.99 each line for a seasonal standby as well. And charged me for non return of devices after just a week the 3 lines have been officially cancelled, and my bill went up to $1,255. I called them and complained why did they charged me just after a week, and I'm still waiting for the return kit, so what they did, they gave me a $275 adjustment but didn't take off the seasonal standby, so my bill is still $947.00. All the agents i talked with agreed with me that this charged is just too much and they even advised me not to pay for it. Every time I call, they would do a case. So each agent I talked to made a case every single time I call, so this means I already have like more than 20 case for the same reason. But nothing happened. I don't have any problem paying my bill, but if the charges are not right I have all the right to dispute it. But they don't care about that, all they cared is you need to pay them. Very stressing, very unsatisfied. If i could only rate them -10, i would happily give them that because that's the rate they deserve. Me and my parents are sprint customer but because of this, i will convince them to close their account with sprint as well, and to friends and co-workers to stop using print and just cancel their account and move to another provider. Smiley FrustratedSmiley Mad

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: ripping off customer

It sounds like the leases were canceled out, and the outstanding lease charges, fair market value, and taxes were applied for each device. 

We do that, but once we receive the returns of the devices the fair market value is returned. If there is any damage then you could be charged that as well. If there was any outstanding lease charges then you will have to pay for those. You will also be billed a final bill for those leases. 

I can look into those charges to see what they break down too, if you would like? Send me a PM and I can do that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@icecream16 I would first take the phones you cancelled to a certified phone tech, have them run diagnostics on them, take pictures of them and make sure that they are all in good working condition do not trust the people at the sprint stores because they literally are all incompetent. Second take the phones to a brick and mortar store and have them return them for you but make sure because and this part is the important part ,Get some kind of tracking number on the phones in question. Keep all proof because if you don't they will make you pay and pay dearly. Forget talking to the customer service reps because they are -0 help to anyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HI @Ashbug84 , 

The phones have been returned and received at the warehouse, I even received a confirmation number, that's why they gave me a $275 adjustment and I still have the tracking number. And the other charges regarding to a damage device, I will totally need to pay that and it's not that much.  But the problem is the seasonal standby charges they made. An agent asked me if I wanted a seasonal standby when I was cancelling the 3 lines and I said "NO" but they still added it and charged me anyway. And of course I won't pay and waste my hard earned money into a non sense charged. I made it clear to every customer service I talked to before I wouldn't pay that **bleep** until they fix and update my bill. They even cut my line for a past due date and I called them back again, to connect back my line since it's not my fault that I reached the due date and still haven't paid. They promise again that before the 26th of this month, they will take away the seasonal standby charge and will update my bill. Tomorrow is the 26th, but up to now, nothing. I called just a few hours ago, but same thing, they would do another case. I'm done dealing with them. The best solution, close my account with them but still trying to convince me to stay or pay the remaining lease, LOL. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy icecream16. I'd like to look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather some needed info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat