cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set data limit

Journeyman

Re: set data limit

Sprint_com_-_My_Sprint_and_Search_results_-_rcanuel_gmail_com_-_Gmail.jpgMouse on "Save Change", click, it turns black, but nothing happens. No message at bottom of browser. No action. It just don's "work". Tried all browsers and Mac/windows. Same problem: "nothing"

Highlighted
Journeyman

47 Minutes on sprint support..... NO PROGRESS.

-- They can not set data limit over the phone. Just turn ON or OFF by phone.
-- Try mobile app. Under usage: There is no option to "manage data limit"
-- Try different account login on mobile. Same problem.
-- Try different account login on web. Same problem.

Special ticket: remove all sprint logins, but one. Takes 48-->72 hours.

Interestingly, I try to send the Sprint Tech agent to this community thread, but they will not go.

Are you trying to turn the data off for that device, or just limit the amount it can use?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

"set data limit"

See picture below..  Nothing happens when you press "save changes".  No message.  No Error.

Sprint_com_-_My_Sprint_and_Search_results_-_rcanuel_gmail_com_-_Gmail.jpg

Wizard

Howdy rcanuel. I get hear ya, my 16yr can burn through some data. I'll be more than happy to help limit the data. As for the tech person you were talking with, there is a good chance that they don't have authorization to use the community page. We're all specialized to certain areas. But we'll get you there. What type of phone are you trying to limit?

Also, just food for thought, we do have unlimited plans. I know that doesn't fix the limiting issue, but would provide enough data for everyone.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

1) iPhone 6s, 7, 8.  Not sure why this matters.   

2) Per the sprint tech unable to see this forum; highly unlikely.  I'm sure sprint tech's have access to google.   Just search  in google and anyone in the world can see this thread.  See screenshot at bottom.

3) Throwing my money at Sprint's technical problem; poor website design; no error; no comfirmation is not the solution.

Again, focus on the problem.  Sprint's website shows that a customer can "set data limit" per device.

It does not work. 

Sprint_com_-_My_Sprint_and_Search_results_-_rcanuel_gmail_com_-_Gmail.jpgsprint__set_data_limit__-_Google_Search.jpg

Wizard

I here you, the other plan was only a suggestion. I do have a few questions regarding setting the limits. 

* Are you using a laptop/desktop computer or your mobile device? 

* Which browser are you using (chrome, explore, ect.)? 

* Has the history been cleared on the device, browser, and/or app?

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I have tried:
1) MAC (Firefox, safari, and chrome) - same result.
-- clear cache/factory reset. Same result.
2) windows 10 (IE) - same result.
3) iPhone (my sprint ) app. Fresh/First time install. different UI. No control shows up under 'data usage".
Wizard

Alrighty. I'm going to need to put a ticket in to get this resolved. I'm going to send you a PM so I can gather your account info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Yesterday, I spoke to sprint fo 47 minutes. They said...Wait 48 to 72 hours. They would call me when they are done. Its been 24 hours and no change.

Cat_Sprint sent you a PM to get some info for a ticket. Are you saying the tech you spoke with already put one through? 

Journeyman

Received a voicemail from Sprint yesterday.  Said it was 1) all fixed and 2) I can always pay for data unlimited.

Logged in again just now to portal.  Same issue.     "mouse over "save changes" it changes color, but when you click on it.  Nothing.  Go "back" in browser, and come back to this screen; its always off.

Sprint_com_-_My_Sprint-02-13.jpg

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat