cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set data limit

Journeyman

set data limit

I am trying to set data limit to my son's phone  number using Sprint Zone. When I save it, the color changes from yellow to black for a little bit but i do not get any message back. I do get a message on my email saying changes were made. Well, nothing is saved.... Meantime my son is using all our data.

I have been stuggling with this since I moved to Sprint, on December 27th and I am getting really frustrated. I had a transcript of one hour chat conversation, went to a Sprint store, and am now in another long conversation on the phone. Can anybody help me?

30 REPLIES 30
GrandMaster

Re: set data limit

are you able to just turn his data off for the time being until you can get the limit restrictions figured out?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

i have the same problem. i can't turn it off

GrandMaster

i only have a single line but i'll see if i can get an agent to pop in. for what its worth though this thead will probably be moved to a different area..its currently in an area informing people of the site rules etc.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Tags (1)
GrandMaster

Tags (1)
Community Manager

I just tried to replicate your steps on Sprint Zone and I also got an error, if your connectivity isn't good, it could error or time out.  Try this, login to My Sprint,  go to the My Preferences tab, scroll down and find the Limits & Permissions section and click on Block Data.  You will get a pop up window that allows you to set specific limits per phone, on the left side, you can also see that you can restrict apps and other downloads etc.  This should get it stopped.  I would still suggest speaking with one of the agents on this community once they contact you, so they can double check it since you have had trouble turning it off.

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Tags (1)
Journeyman

This looked promising, but I don't see any popup to set specific limits. It only allows me to block data or unblock data for each user. I do wish sprint would offer or support this option. Clearly a lot of people have been searching for answers. 

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. I was able to change it last week to 4.3. Now I'm tying to limit it to the next lower amount which appears to be 3.7G. However after saving, it doesn't seem to stay. I'm also experiencing slow web site response time. Other non-sprint sites are fine.
Sprint Social Care

Hello @ndtcommunity, let's take a closer look into this. I'm sending you a PM, please reply back as soon as you can.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Very painful trying this on a Mac/web browser.  Tried Firefox and Safari.

I was on the phone last night for 41 minutes... finally asked for higher level.  Transferred to a vmail which said sprint was closed.

Option 1: Manage data limits Does not work.

Mysprint-->Dashboard

Pick a phone and 3 dots pulldown --> "Detailed usage"

Pick "Manage Data Limits"

"Set Data Limit" . slider is NO.  I slide to YES.

Bar appear underneath.   I slide to the right.  CLick "SAVE changes" .

---->NOTHING.  Color changes on the button.  No confirmation.  Nothing.  Leave and come back, nothing.

Option 2: My preferences Does not work.

I try to BLOCK data.  Pick a phone and save.  This gives me an "OOPS! We're sorry"

My_preferences.jpgSprint_com_-_My_Sprint.jpg

Let me look into this for you and see what's going on. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

OOPS problem resolved.

BUT, slider "SET DATA LIMIT" and SAVE CHANGES never works.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat