cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/31 - Blackberry Curve 8350i Maintenance Release 5.0.0.1051 (1706)

Highlighted
Wizard

Blackberry Curve 8350i Maintenance Release 5.0.0.1051 (1706)

Enhancements & Fixes
- Call Timer Issue
- Auto update time zone (device registers wrong time)
- MMS Delays
- Radio Cycling issue
- Standby Mode causing device to lock up when password protect is enabled
- Call forwarding changes disappear - phone/options/setup call forwarding
- Master Subsidy Lock Issue

Important Notes:

- Preferred upgrade method is OTW (over the wire)/tethered due to the time required to download/install.

- Estimated time to download/install OTW is 1 hour 15 minutes

- Refer to the Blackberry 8350i Maintenance Release blog for installation instructions

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: 1/31 - Blackberry Curve 8350i Maintenance Release 5.0.0.1051 (1706)

I Was just wondering with all these updates.  When are you going to fix the send SMS text Problem?

Journeyman

I used to lose my service while on a direct connect call.  I'm assuming(?) this was the radio cycling issue.  Now my phone completely cuts itself off.  I have to pull the battery in order to resume using the phone.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  This started about 4 - 5 days after I upgraded the O/S.

Journeyman

This update FUBAR'ed my 8350i.  It would not recognize the SIM card, even after removing it and reinstalling the SIM card, removing the battery, rebooting, etc etc etc.  I went back to the last version of BB software for this phone and though it now recognizes the SIM card, it does not connect to the Nextel network at all.

I am not a happy camper. 

Journeyman

So I have just purchased a curve 8350i, and have looked at the crackberry site and now sprints forum.

I continue to see comments about not being able to access SMS for texting, yet no answers?

Do any sprint employees look at this forum, or are we all just guessing?

I am in the process of one hour plus downloading various updates, understandably a long ordeal.

If I still can't acess SMS for simple texting I guess I will just return this phone.

Message was edited by: gheston

Journeyman

This Blackberry curve is with no hesitation the worst phone ive ever had its been broke in 2 ways since i bought it over 5 months ago and no one seems to want to recognize that i was stuck with a broke phone for almost half a year ive taken it back to radio shack the same people who i had add insuranse to my account and he even added a note to it which a Sprint rep found yesterday but the guy at radio shack never added the insuranse so for five months im walkin around thinking i had insuranse but at least Sprint did quickly add it on for me yesterday but im still stuck with this phone that i hate so much,goin on line with it is so annoying its like watching paint dry ive had no wi-fi for 5 months and it constantly freezes up CONSTANTLY

Journeyman

This Blackberry curve is with no hesitation the worst phone ive ever had its been broke in 2 ways since i bought it over 5 months ago and no one seems to want to recognize that i was stuck with a broke phone for almost half a year ive taken it back to radio shack the same people who i had add insuranse to my account and he even added a note to it which a Sprint rep found yesterday but the guy at radio shack never added the insuranse so for five months im walkin around thinking i had insuranse but at least Sprint did quickly add it on for me yesterday but im still stuck with this phone that i hate so much,goin on line with it is so annoying its like watching paint dry ive had no wi-fi for 5 months and it constantly freezes up CONSTANTLY.If im somehow able to stay with Sprint whom I have been VERY happy with in all other aspects I will never deal with a third party agin and please work something out with me I do NOT want to go back to that miserable Verizon.

Journeyman

Good question. I sometimes experience MMS delays anywhere between 4 to 13 hours before I receive the text message. Has anyone from Sprint addressed this? The BlackBerry 8350i certainly has to be the sorriest most unreliable BlackBerry currently on the market. Keep in mind though the Nextel network is only 2G. Very slow when downloading unless you are within Wi-Fi range. I'm currently on my 5th or 6th 8350i in just over one year. All of the replacement phones are refurbished. It has been my experience that most of the refurbished phone are unreliable. I went through 5 Palm Treo 700WX before moving back to the "rugged" Motorola i580 which I went through about 6 of those before getting the BlackBerry 8350i. I'm currently experiencing problems with my phone just shutting off. I think most phones on the market today are junk and unreliable.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat