cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.5 upgrade for Pearl 8130 and Curve 8330

Highlighted
Wizard

4.5 upgrade for Pearl 8130 and Curve 8330

Sprint is pleased to inform you we have approved final software for upgrade 4.5 on BlackBerry Pearl 8130 and BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphones. Although we are getting this to you later than hoped, we are confident our extra testing and evaluation will deliver a better experience.

Upgrade 4.5 software is available at www.sprint.com/downloads. When you arrive at the Web site, please select the BlackBerry device you use (Pearl or Curve), and our Web site will outline all the new and enhanced features with software version 4.5, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to update your smartphone. As mentioned previously, among other great features offered by the BlackBerry software 4.5, you will also now have MMS functionality with your BlackBerry.

If you have loaded 4.5 software directly from the RIM Web site, we recommend you re-register your smartphone (go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>select the menu key and choose "register now" )to ensure all software has loaded properly.

Software versions of 4.5 for 8830 and 8703e BlackBerry models will be available very soon. We will update you as they become available.

Message Edited by SarahKS on 02-05-2009 10:33 AM
Message Edited by SarahKS on 02-05-2009 10:34 AM
Message Edited by SarahKS on 02-05-2009 01:34 PM

77 REPLIES 77
Highlighted
Journeyman

SarahKS, can you find out if we're supposed to be recieving MMS messages as a SMS w/ a text link to the message? I'm seeing messages sent to me as MMS going through my Sprint picturemail account, yet on my phone I'm still getting SMS texts with a link to the message. It was my understanding that we're supposed to be recieving MMS messages with pictures/audio included.

Highlighted
Wizard

I doubt that I can get an answer today, but I will ask someone from the Blackberry team to look at the issues and write up exactly what the experience is supposed to be.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sarah and the rest of the Admins here at BAW

Thank you...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally! I'm tellin everyone with a Pearl or Curve about this. Got mine loaded up and sent a test. Only issue, of course, is still need to receive via Picture Mail. As others mentioned, would love to be able to skip that step. But, for now, just being able to send is great. Thank you Sprint because I wasnot a happy camper untilthis evening.

Highlighted
Journeyman

at the beginning of the update it said I need to register my phone. I dont know what that means or how to do it

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have found a minor (and I do mean minor) annoyance with the OS 4.5 update. The preloaded pictures that where on my Curve 8330 are no longer loaded on my device. The reason why I'm calling this an annoyance is because I used a few of those photos as my wallpaper.

Any chance that the BB team as Sprint can post the original photos to the Sprint BlackBerry downloads page? If I find that someone has posted them on the Internet, I'll drop a link in this thread.

Over all, I have to say that I'm very happy to finally be able to use Documents To Go on my BlackBerry. Thanks to the Sprint BlackBerry Team and Sarah for delivering the software to us!!

Alan G

Message Edited by AlanG on 02-06-2009 01:12 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats weird, I just checked and my preloaded pics are gone too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dittos here all the preloaded pics have mysteriously disappeared from both of our BB Curves too!

How peculiar indeed!

Wolf

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a newer update than 4.5 131? If so what is new about it?

Highlighted
Wizard

Sorry for the delay in posting this. I did get confirmation about how MMS/Picturemail works on the Curve and Pearl.

The outgoing is MMS, the incoming is SMS (you get a link to PM).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Sarah. By chance, did they provide an update on when the MMS issues thatwe are having will be resolved?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat