cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8530 Curve loosing emails

Highlighted
Journeyman

8530 Curve loosing emails

I have upgraded from the 8350i to the 8530, and having difficulty with received emails.  Here is the scenario. I leave work, and close outlook.  I then receive an email in the evening on my 8530.  In the morning, that email has disappeared, and when I go into the office, Outlook is unable to retrieve it.  I then go into the web mail client, and the email is not there either.  It has vanished-  Is there a setting I am missing?  I did not have this problem with the 8350i- Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 8530 Curve loosing emails

I have also searched troubleshooting, and other forums, and can't seem to find the answer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

when  you close it out are you hitting the delete button accidently if so you may accidently be deleting the emails off the server . i have the 8530 and when i hit delete it asks me if i want to delete off handheld only or handheld and server.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks- but I'm not deleting- just looking at the message, and sometimes just the header- not even opening up th email-

Highlighted
Journeyman

try this.......you might have to google for more detail instructions for outlook 2003 or 2007 .....

Set Up Email Client to Leave a Copy of Email on Email Server

We are going to set up your home (or mobile) computer to check your email and leave the original copy on the email server.

Set up your email client for the email account you wish to check email for from your home computer (or mobile computer).

Left click the Tools menu item in the top menu bar. The menu will expand to show more items.

Left click the Accounts menu item in the list that has appeared. The Internet Accounts screen will appear.

Left click the email account name under the Account column you wish to set up to leave a copy of emails on the email server. When selected, the Account name will be highlighted.

Left click the Properties button on the right. The email account’s Properties screen appears.

Left click the Advanced tab at the top of the screen. The Advanced settings for the Account appear.

In the bottom section of the Advanced tab screen, under Delivery, there is a check box beside "Leave a copy of messages on server". Left click inside the check box.
Some more Advanced settings will now be available. You can make a decision about these settings now or later.

Left click the Ok button at the bottom when you have finished. Internet Accounts screen is visible again.

Left click the Close button in the bottom right. The Internet Accounts screen will close.

That’s it, you are done.
Now, when you pick up email from home or on the road with your laptop a copy of the emails will be left on the email server

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat