cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9930 battery issue glitch

Journeyman

I cant believe that more people is not talking about the battery glitch in the new 7.1 release for the 9930 yet .. it reported over several other blog sites , charging the phone to 100 percent then within 10 to 20 min of being off the charger it drops to 85-89 everytime with use or without , with a battery pull before charging or a battery pull in the morning with it still plugged in ? it is hard enough to get about 5-6 hours out of my bb anyway much less with losing 10 percent of my battery without doing anything ? hopefully there will be a maintained release soon , 7.1 is really snappy and quick , but rim should have caught this , its not a isolated thing and it is very reproducible ... but other wise loving the 9930 for sure , to me it is the best bb yet

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

It sounds like this is just a software issue where the % of battery is displayed incorrectly or do you believe it is actually using 10% of battery resources within that timeframe? How long does it stay at that percentage and does it decrease properly from that 89% range on down to 5%?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Well not only is my factory Blackberry battery meter reading it , but meterberry is also as seen in picture attached , but I am not the only one with this issue there are multi reports on it on crackberry ? so I am thinking that is a rim issue and I have checked and closed a possible "glitch" in the readings but usually I can get 8-10 hours from a overnight charge but now lucky to get 6 ? and the memory loss is horrible also ... BTW BOOMER SOONER from a okie here also ... lol Capture12_0_27.jpg

Wizard

Saying you are at 69% with 10 hours left would put your battery at around a 14.5 hour lifespan, double what you are saying you are getting.

Journeyman

I know what the meterberry is saying but it gets worse as day and drain goes on and I have learned to plug in when i can , doing the job I do , I cant afford to have a dead phone , but it had been boosted about 3 times already by the time that pic was posted , about 15 or 20 min a peice , but trust me 6 hours would be really pushing it ... and by that time without a reboot or battery pull memory would be almost at about 50 percent or so

Wizard

You definitely need to take your phone in to a service center and have a diagnostic run on both the phone and the battery specifically. This could be a problem with the battery itself, or a problem with your charging port. Is there any chance that the phone or the battery has water damage?

Journeyman

I've had the same problem with the battery charging.  This morning it was different - my phone was wiped clean - no pictures, no emails, no text, no nothing!!

Journeyman

Having MEGA battery issues...I ASSumed they would be fixed by now but ehh.  The newest excitement-  took phone off charger this morning (charging while powered off) and left the device off until my morning break.  Turned it on and the freaking battery was more than 2/4 drained.  WHILE IT WAS OFF.  ?Needless to say it died very soon after.  Not cool RIM, not cool.  I mean is anyone from your company even working on this seemingly omnipresent issue?

Hi BOULEVARDBREW,

I definitely understand how this can be a frustrating situation. Have you been able to try a different charger? No worries if one is not available. Due to the fact that this is not something that can be troubleshot with support, I recommend taking the device into one of our authorized Sprint repair centers. Our technicians will be more than happy to diagnose the phone to determine if repair or replacement is necessary. Depending on the issue, a battery replacement may be necessary if the device is still within warranty. If you do pay for the Total Equipment Protection monthly on your device, the service will be of no cost to you as long as there is no physical or liquid damage present. The nearest store to you can be located here http://sprintstorelocator.com/. Thank you for your business. Please feel free to send a private message if you have any questions.

Thanks,

techsavvy101

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat