Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Loyal Customer ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

A Loyal Customer ...

I have been a loyal customer for many years.  Continually the service Sprint provides gets better and better as the years past.  However; the one thing that I am dissatisfied with is their phone choices.  When the iPhone came out I was excited by its possibilities and was hoping Sprint would figure out a way to jump onto the Apple band wagon.  To no avail, I had to settle for a Blackberry Pearl.  Granted I love my pearl, but it is no iPhone.  Now as I am looking at my phone choices to upgrade, again I am disappointed. 

Since again the iPhone is not available.  I thought I would stick with the Blackberry family and get a Storm, but I see the Storm 2 is out.  Sprint does not even have the first one.  Additionally, I see other carriers proudly displaying the newer Blackberry models.  The only new Blackberry I see on the Sprint side is the Tour.  What is up with this?  Why can’t Sprint have its cake (a great selection of phones) and eat it (superb service) too?

Because of the phone choices, I am beginning to question my loyalties to this company.  Can someone talk me out of jumping ship?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why would Sprint carry a phone that was voted editor's choice " Worst gadget of the year "?  The Storm...3 guys at work have them, and they can't wait to drop em...Sure you wanna jump?

http://www.engadget.com/engadget-awards-2008/

Highlighted
Master

I agree, the biggest issue with the original Storm was the way the touch screen worked. It was actually a floating screen that you pressed down to activate the press. This also invited dirt and grime to fill in the groove around the screen because it wasn't sealed. Eventually I heard that the glass covering on the screen would pop off.

Supposedly, they changed that on the Storm 2 to use a standard touch screen similar to all other touch devices, but I haven't seen it personally or actually read that this has happened. In any case, since your not looking for an actual user interface and want an icon interface, my choice would be the iPhone over the Storm.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

You can not tell me all of the phones offered by Sprint are proven and tested to be dependable.  During my years with Sprint, I have purchased a few phones because of their hype which turned out to be nothing more than a dud.  However; I did have a choice.  I suppose my point is: Sprint needs a better line up when it comes to their phone selections and not limit folks to a few toys.  I am just sayin'  ... 🙂

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

But seriously - why would we invest $bignum on a phone that has been universally panned?

As to lineup - I don't see anyone beating us for scope of phones or plan options right now.  Big change from a couple years ago!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

A loyal customer AND former Sprint employee.  Here's what I know and why I stay with Sprint.  They generally have had the BEST selection of phones around, and the least expensive plans.  Go to VZW and see how much you'll pay for the latest gadgets and their air times.  Secondly, I agree that CDMA would have been the way to go here in the US for the iphone, for Apple and the consumer.  Anyone who has ever dealt with ATT Wireless, whether as Cell One or Cingular, can tell you how expensive they are and how horrible their customer service is.  And despite having the solo rights to the iphone (for the next 6 months or so) they are still losing money!!

In any case, I love HItachi and HTC products (loved Sanyo) because they are exciitng and new.  LG is ok- but nothing special and of course Motorola phones have never been intuitive (they need to hire a bunch of kids to design the phone and interfaces for them).

So, hold one, folks, let Sprint hear your voices!  Go HTC HD2!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Goldie:

I agree Sprint has affordable plans and reliable service.  As you can see by my initial post, plans and service is not my issue here.  When you purchase a cake, you are probably going to purchase the cake as a whole -- not one with a missing section (if you do you are definitely going to request a discount).  When I signed on with Sprint, I thought I was purchasing the total package:  affordable plans, reliable service and exciting buzz worthy phones. 

Since I am only getting 2 out of 3, where do I get that discount?  😉

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wengla02:

Seriously, name [5] Sprint phones which have been universally praised for its style, function and dependability?  Regardless of whether the iPhone and/or Android is panned or praised, they have excited Users.  These phones convey a willingness to push the bounds of creativity into the 21st Century through the implementation of voice run applications, touch and new interface technologies.

Sprint still requires you to push a button to operate a majority of their devices.  What's up with that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

200% agree with the OP, sprint never had a good phone selection, I love my Sprint service and cost but when it comes to phone selection Sprint is all the way at the bottom.

I can say if Sprint start giving us a nice selection of phones they will stop some of the bleeding and loosing valuable customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh, I totally agree with you!! I thought about switching to AT&T BUT I love Sprint service. So I got a lg lotus thinkin it would kinda give me that entertainment stuff I need like the iphone. But the lotus sucked. So I took it back and now I got the BB Curve 8330 and love it. Now I'm having problems understanding it, figuring things out but now I don't feel so bad about stayin with sprint. The Curve is awesome!! Like you said they do need some new kind of phones but if I was you I'd try a new bb. But of course, you know what you need and sometimes change is good. : )

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was thinking of upgrading to the BB Tour with camera.  It appears to be the only reasonable option for now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Tour Is nice and  has an excellent camera. I currently have a curve 8330 and love it I am eligible  for a new phone in january on one of my lines and was  thinking of  the Tour except it lacks the Wifi  but im  gonna wait untill the 8530 comes out before I make my decision though .

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat