Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL MY PURCHASED MUSIC IS GONE!!!

Journeyman

ALL MY PURCHASED MUSIC IS GONE!!!

I have just recently upgraded from the Samsung M500 to the BlackBerry 8330. I'm getting panicked after realizing that, not only are ALL the tunes I have purched over the last year and a half from the Sprint Music store, missing from my micro SD card, everything is missing on the Sprint website as well. there is nothing listed in the Digital Lounge for "my content". I have spent at least $130.00 on songs. It doesn't seem that Sprint is discussing it anywhere. Is ANYONE else having a problem? ( I did see someone talking about it in another forum but he hadn't had a single response, besides mine)

11 REPLIES 11

Are you sure that they're gone? Did you back them up? Save them anywhere BESIDES on your microSD card?

Rule #1: ALWAYS have a backup copy of things you don't want to lose.

Rule #2: Religiously follow Rule #1.

Ok...with that said, let's assume that no one will help. Here's my advice:

Download one of those program/file restore programs. Computer Shopper actually reviewed a free program that you can download to recover deleted files (yes, even ones AFTER you've emptied your desktop's trashcan). It works on HDDs as well as flash drives, disks, etc. Next, purchase a USB converter for your microSD (if you don't already have one), so that you can use the program on the microSD flash that your files "should" have been on.

Odds are though, you probably accidently wiped the contents of your microSD drive...but so long as you didn't resave files under the same names, you should be ok. The other potential problem: you have a virus and you can now kiss your music files goodbye. Let's just hope that the latter is NOT the case.

Good luck.

Journeyman

I certainly would have backed them up gladly if Sprint would have let me. The few files I did "download" came across as files that could not be put onto a CD. Once I downloaded the first several songs I noticed that they did not turn into MP3s. I think I wasted a tech support call because the representative really didn't have any idea what I was talking about. I soon just let it go and figured "OK I'll only be able to hear them on my phone.Oh well. one of those Sprint quirks, probably a copyright thing" My only hope is that somehow they'll reappear when and if Sprint corrects the Music Store problem the rep said they're having now.

Journeyman

....also, I still have tons of files on my card, podcasts and songs I've put on it from my own collection. The only songs missing are the ones I purchased from the Sprint Music store. When I realized they were all missing at the same time that the Sprint Music store is out of commision I decided to check "my Content Manager" in the Digital lounge. No matter what happens when my card, it seems everything I've purchased should still be in my "purchases" but absolutely nothing shows up under downloads or purchased content etc. By the way,thank you for responding.

Do you purchase music from the Sprint Music Store?

I have a strange feeling this has to do with having gotten the BlackBerry which seems to handle

many things differently than most other cell phones I've had.

Journeyman

WHOA WHOA WHOA....

Just go into music store, go into options, and select WEBSYNC... It will download any song that you have bought from Sprint (including on phones that were on the number that you have switched out of).

Journeyman

Make sure the device is looking in the right folder, I switched devices and I actually wound up having two folders. My sideloaded music was in one and my DRM protected music was in another.I just moved my music from one folder to the other and all my music was there and accessible, also you need to be accessing it from the Sprint Music Player andnot the RIM provided Music Player. I use the Sprint music player for all my music with no issues. As long as you do an ESN swap you should not lose your music, if you switch ESNs is it highly likely you would lose them as part of the DRM reasons. Also, you should have music accessible via the sprint digital lounge, a copy is suppose to be downloaded from there.

Journeyman

When I go into the Digital Lounge ( on my computer) to "my content" , where all my purchased music should be, there isnothing there.

When I go to the music store on my phone it opens to a page asking me to "agree" or "disagree" to their terms, I click "agree" of course, then get a page that says" http error 404: NOT FOUND".....when I go to "my media" (on my phone), then to "my music" I see all my other music files from my own collection but not one single song from the 130+ I've purchased over the past 18 months from Sprint Music Store.

Journeyman

If you can't get into Sprint Music Store, your problem starts there.

Journeyman

You're telling me?

Journeyman

Today the error message changed from 404 to 500 and now my music is appearing my "my content" in the Digital Lounge again, much to my relief. I am still unable to get to the Music Store but I hope Sprint gets it sorted out soon. Otherwise I'm very happy with my BlackBerryCurve 8330.

Journeyman

KMAC,

Log onto the Sprint Music Store on your Curve, go to "all my music" tab... Hit your blackberry button (left of the rollerball), and hit WEBSYNC...

It should download all your songs.

Journeyman

After about 2 weeks of error messages (404 and 500) yesterday I tried for the umpteenth time to get

to the music store and was successful. The downloading process was quite lengthy , about an hour or so

for all my purchased songs but hallelujah amen, they're all back. Thanks everyone for your input.

I guess Sprint and/or Blackberry were working on it all that time.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat