Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

America’s First BlackBerry 7 Smartphones Coming to Sprint This Fall

Highlighted
Wizard

From the News Room!

BlackBerry Bold 9930 boasts thinnest design and widest QWERTY on a BlackBerry smartphone; BlackBerry Torch 9850 will be the first all-touch BlackBerry smartphone for Sprint customers

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), August 03, 2011 - Sprint (NYSE: S) announced an expansion of its robust portfolio of BlackBerry® smartphones with the fall availability of America’s first two BlackBerry® 7 smartphones – BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 and BlackBerry® Torch™ 9850 from Research In Motion (RIM). Specific pricing and availability will be provided closer to availability.

Both new smartphones are powered by the next-generation BlackBerry OS, BlackBerry 7, a performance-driven operating system designed to deliver the ultimate in communications, multimedia and productivity. Both smartphones also feature Liquid Graphics™ technology, a key new feature powered by BlackBerry 7 to deliver incredibly fast, smooth performance and a highly responsive touchscreen experience. They are also both powered by a 1.2GHz processor, offer 5MP cameras and are World Phone capable

For more information, follow the link below:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1998

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Sprint just saved a customer! I was really ready to switch to AT&T because Sprint's selection of Blackberry phones have been so outdated. Im a huge fan of Blackberry and Sprint, sure did not want to switch so thank you Sprint and its about time!

Journeyman

Loving the new Blackberries but am actually hoping they will also add the Torch 9810 (or its CDMA variant) am not a big fan of the touchscreen only option but like the larger screen as compared to the bold 9930

Journeyman

WOO HOO HOO!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day! I have been holding on to my Curve 8530 FOREVER! Thank you Sprint!!!

Journeyman

What's with "The Fall"?  That could anytime, what happened to August?   I have been waiting so long for some great new Blackberry phones and you finally announce they are coming but then the date is cryptic.  Come on give us a date so I know whether to hold out or jump to Android.

Thanks so much.

Wizard

Hello!

I understand that you are excited to get the new Blackberries, but a more concrete date is not yet available. It wouldn't surprise me if more information is released once we get closer to Autumn, but at this point my guess is as good as yours.

Journeyman

Fall could be any where from Aug 31st- Dec 21st! Been waiting 6 months and now their saying Fall?! Let's hope Fall doesn't turn into Winter!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat