cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB 8350i OS 4.6.1.313

Highlighted
Journeyman

BB 8350i OS 4.6.1.313

Has anyone upgraded their handset to this newer operating system?  Sunday (11/8) I checked for an update and the OTA update app said this was ready so I let it update.  It has fixed several issues I was having.  Nothing on the Sprint website about it, it still says 4.6.1.204 is the current version.

Here is what it has done for me:

The ability to ignore incoming "My Information".  No more pesky little icon after a DC call or entry in the message log.

Greatly improved the handset volume level - I can hear my phone now and so far (really too soon to tell) no echo noted.

Greatly improved the DC call volume level when using a bluetooth.  Still no call alert or incoming DC beep through the BT, but at least I can hear people now.

Access to SMS settings (maybe something else is coming soon?)

I can see the menus when using Opera Mini and Bolt Browser while in a stock theme

The phone seems to operate a little faster.

As with most things, YMMV.  Seems like the above improvements would have attracted a little bit of attention.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: BB 8350i OS 4.6.1.313

Another change noted:

When I have a voicemail I get the standard VM indication, and also an SMS message showing the number of VM messages and how many of them are urgent.  When OS 5.0 comes, I bet it will be something special.  I just wish that ringtones & incoming DC tones would play through the BT instead of the phone speaker, or the option to choose like on every other NEXTEL I have ever had.  Seems like there were some posts here and on some of the other boards about the no ringer from the phone w/BT so I guess that would make some floks happy.

Better coverage at my house would be great too, but that's a whole nother story.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat