ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB 8350i OS 4.6.1.313

Journeyman

BB 8350i OS 4.6.1.313

Has anyone upgraded their handset to this newer operating system?  Sunday (11/8) I checked for an update and the OTA update app said this was ready so I let it update.  It has fixed several issues I was having.  Nothing on the Sprint website about it, it still says 4.6.1.204 is the current version.

Here is what it has done for me:

The ability to ignore incoming "My Information".  No more pesky little icon after a DC call or entry in the message log.

Greatly improved the handset volume level - I can hear my phone now and so far (really too soon to tell) no echo noted.

Greatly improved the DC call volume level when using a bluetooth.  Still no call alert or incoming DC beep through the BT, but at least I can hear people now.

Access to SMS settings (maybe something else is coming soon?)

I can see the menus when using Opera Mini and Bolt Browser while in a stock theme

The phone seems to operate a little faster.

As with most things, YMMV.  Seems like the above improvements would have attracted a little bit of attention.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: BB 8350i OS 4.6.1.313

Another change noted:

When I have a voicemail I get the standard VM indication, and also an SMS message showing the number of VM messages and how many of them are urgent.  When OS 5.0 comes, I bet it will be something special.  I just wish that ringtones & incoming DC tones would play through the BT instead of the phone speaker, or the option to choose like on every other NEXTEL I have ever had.  Seems like there were some posts here and on some of the other boards about the no ringer from the phone w/BT so I guess that would make some floks happy.

Better coverage at my house would be great too, but that's a whole nother story.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat