cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB 9850 Phone as modem

Highlighted
Journeyman

BB 9850 Phone as modem

Is PAM not supported with the newer BlackBerry phones? I used to have this option with my older BB.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

BB 9850 Phone as modem

PAM is supported on the Torch.  The PAM add-on, however, is limited to Corporate Liable accounts and no longer offered on individual accounts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BB 9850 Phone as modem

Thank you.

Highlighted
Wizard

BB 9850 Phone as modem

With the exception of corporate accounts, phone as modem has not been supported now for the past couple years. While the PAM service still works, the 9850 included, you must have subscribed to the service before it was decommissioned. I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

BB 9850 Phone as modem

How does Sprint justify not supporting PAM? Most of our phones have the functionality, I know mine does. Oh, and I have unlimited data, so why?

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: BB 9850 Phone as modem

Sprint does support PAM.  Corporate Liable customers are able to use existing phones such as Blackberries with PAM.  Individual customers have the choice of purchasing a phone that is hotspot capable, which is an improvement on PAM considering it can wirelessly tether up to 8 devices, depending on model, at a time.  So there are options available for all sprint customers to be able to use their phone as a modem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BB 9850 Phone as modem

I previously was using a 8530 until last week when I upgraded. I had the option in "Change My Services" flagged to use Phone as Modem, but now I no longer have the option.

DONALIEN wrote:

you must have subscribed to the service before it was decommissioned.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat